1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPod integration for 2007 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by dcelella, May 17, 2007.

1. dcelella

dcelella New Member

Hi there.

If this question has already been asked and answered, I apologize. I couldn't find it by searching the forums.

I have a 2007 Prius. I live in BC, Canada. It's the base model, which has the base stereo (single CD, and no MP3 capability).

Will the Denison ipod integration kit work for me?

Will I still be able to use the steering wheel controls?

Will text appear on the screen or cd player or at all?

The car has no Bluetooth or Nav either. Will that make a difference for the Dice kit? (in Terms of controlling it, etc.)

Anything else I may need to know.....?

Thanks in advance! :)

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dcell15 @ May 17 2007, 01:59 PM) [snapback]444417[/snapback]</div>
    Don't use the Denison. DICE used to resell their stuff but we dropped them for crappy reliability. Now we make our own product.

Yes, you'll be able to use your radio and steering wheel controls, and you'll have text. You don't need bluetooth or navi either. - it behave exactly the same no matter what model or features you may have.

3. dcelella

dcelella New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ May 17 2007, 05:39 PM) [snapback]444467[/snapback]</div>

ok, sounds good. but can you elaborate abit please? what is this product that "we make"? where can i buy it? how does it work? how much is it?

thanks

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dcell15 @ May 19 2007, 06:54 AM) [snapback]445628[/snapback]</div>

I work for DICE actually. The best place for you to buy it would be right here: http://priuschat.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/66

And a good run-down on how it works is
    http://www.diceelectronics.com/ipod_integration.htm

5. Enoyls

Enoyls New Member

Are there any screenshots/pictures of the Prius display with the DICE iPod interface?

I just bought a #3 2007 Prius and need to add iPod capability and Sirius to it, its looking like the DICE module is what I need but I'd like to see how it looks when active on the Prius screen.

What I'm wanting is to be able to just plug in the iPod (i have a 60G Video iPod) in the center storage compartment and close the door and fully control the iPod from the Prius screen and steering wheel. Does the DICE Unit accomplish this? In this senario, does the DICE unit allow me to feed Video from the iPod to the Prius screen or do I have to have the DICE iPod Cradle w/ Video Output? to accomplish this?

Thanks

6. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Enoyls @ May 21 2007, 06:20 AM) [snapback]446591[/snapback]</div>
    Congrats on the car!
    I'm having trouble finding pics with how it looks on an 06/07. If I find my 05 pics first I'll post em up til I find the newer ones.

Yes, you'll be able to control the iPod from the steering wheel and the audio screen/head-unit.
    No, it won't feed video unless you get the cradle, but we will not sell you the kit to patch a video input to your screen, you will have to buy that separately from another source. There's plenty of adaptors out there for this.