1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ipod Interface

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Cmmendes79, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Cmmendes79

Cmmendes79 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    hello everyone,

i'm new to the forum here and i looked around to find an answer to my question, but i didn't seem to find anything. so if i'm repeating an already posted question, please chalk it up to me being a foolish newbie.

first of all i bought a 2009 prius, package 2. i now regret not getting some of the bells and whistles...namely, satellite radio. i had it in my prior car and tried to install it the same way (outside antennae & aux jack) but the sounds quality was horrible. i also wanted to get the new ipod interface that toyota offers but i found out it costs around $400.

my question is this: are any of these online companies (like iCarkits) that offer integration kits that allow BOTH an ipod interface and satellite radio any good? i've read on prior threads that i can buy the SCC1 and Toy SCI for satellite, but i would also love to use my ipod via the touchscreen and steering wheel.

is this a pipedream? do i need to stop being gadget greedy? or is this completely possible?

any input would be greatly appreciated before i start putting money into incompatible electronics...

thank you!!