1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPod/iPhone integration in '04

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Phaedrus441, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Phaedrus441

Phaedrus441 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi guys,
    I'm new to the site, so be nice :-p

I recently got a 2004 Prius with nav and immediately bought the the lockpick from Coastaletech and installed it so that I could play my iPhone.

Here's the gist: Stereo (audio/video via "DVD" function) to Lockpick, Lockpick to AV cables around the passenger footwell, under the trim by the door, and under the passenger seat to the iPhone composite video cable ($50! What a rip!) under the center console.

I drilled a small hole and used a rubber grommet to run the iPhone cable under the console, and use a USB to 12V cigarette adapter to power the phone through the same cable.

I was worried about alternator whine or some kind of interference, but it works perfectly (in case any of you want to do something similar).

Also, since I've got my phone jailbroken, I can display all iPhone applications on the screen (GPS, etc.), and the videos work well.

The iPhone cable is thick, but has no problem snaking under the console lid when closed, so I just set the phone in the cupholder while I'm driving.

I give the Lockpick 5 stars for working just as advertised, as well.

For info about the TV-out (via ScreenSplitr), just google for mp3car and screensplitr (I don't have enough posts here to insert a link in this post...)

I've got a photo of the cable running through the console, but again, no links = no image. I'll update when I have enough posts.

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

No alternator = No alternator whine :madgrin: