1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPOD & MFD control

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Xabiche, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Xabiche

Xabiche New Member

I took a new '07 Prius for a test drive this last weekend and I'm going to get one within the next couple of weeks. The salesman said that the stock iPOD adapter allows for song display & control on the MFD. Is that true? From what I've read here that isn't the case. What about steering wheel vol control?

2. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xabhice @ Jun 5 2007, 11:35 AM) [snapback]455859[/snapback]</div>
    nope! not as if comes from the lot..... you still control it from the ipod

you can get a DICE and i believe that allows you to use the MFD.....

3. SSmith

SSmith Junior Member

There have been many posts in the past listing problems with the DICE adapter though lately I have not read as many complaints. Does this mean that the problems have been resolved and the units are reliable and work as advertised?

Does the unit work reliably in a 2007?

Thanks.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    From what I've heard, the most recent shipment we've received from DICE have been 99% without problems.

5. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SSmith @ Jun 5 2007, 08:22 PM) [snapback]456273[/snapback]</div>
    First, if you haven't already, test drive the Touring version (sportier suspension, high intesity headlights, 16" wheels instead of 15" ones, I can't remember what else. But I really liked the ride better.

As for the DICE Unit.

1) For me and my 4th gen iPod the sound is MUCH better through the DICE Unit than through the AUX port.
    2) The sound never cuts out but once in awhile the artist/album/song title will disappear. I can get them back 98% of the time by clicking twice on the Audio button on the lower left of the display (it's a phyical button).
    3) It is GREAT to be able to see the artist/album/song.
    4) It's another one of "those things" (like TiVo) that my wife grumbled about when I said I wanted to buy it. Now that it is installed she LOVES it and complains when we are in our Jeep Grand Cherokee about not having it in there. We don't drive it that much (17 mpg vs 50.3 today) so I don't know if it would be worth it for that.

Hope this helps.

6. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OlsonBW @ Jun 6 2007, 02:47 PM) [snapback]456868[/snapback]</div>
    i hated the ride in the touring.... waaaay too harsh! ICK! i felt EVERY little bump (including those pips marking crosswalks)... HORRIBLE!

i did like the look of the wheels much better... but i'm in the car feeling the ride... i can't see the wheels.. and with package 6 i got HID....

7. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Jun 6 2007, 07:31 AM) [snapback]456510[/snapback]</div>

The latest generation of iPod kits have been very, very successful.

The HD's have seen a improvement as well, and we expect to see similar results as the iPods within the coming weeks.