1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ipod Nano 5G

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JBW, Jan 5, 2010.

1. JBW

JBW Junior Member

Has anyone connected an Apple Nano 5th generation (new in Sept 09 with video camera and FM) Ipod to the aux input for the radio? Was this accomplished using a 3.5 mm cord (male x male) like could be done with previous Apple Ipods? I have read of some issues by "others" (not Prius owners) that there have been some problems with this with the new Nano. I would prefer to know this is going to work prior to spending $180 since this is one of the primary uses I foresee. Also, if you successfully did this, did you purchase the connector cord from Apple or generic? Apple, of course, says you have to use their cord. TIA

2. risingsun

risingsun seeker of the way

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Using the AUX input with the cable you describe should be a guaranteed working combo. There is little that can go wrong with this connection since it is just like plugging headphones into your iPod. Adjust the volume on the iPod to about 70% and then adjust the volume on the stereo from there to get the proper listening volume. Select what songs you want using the iPod itself.

You can buy a cord like you need from Walmart or any other similar type of store. Less than $10, maybe less than $5. Generic is totally fine.

You do have an AUX input on your stereo, right?

3. JBW

JBW Junior Member

Yes, I have the AUX input and it does work with a 2 year old Classic that belongs to a friend. I agree that this should be simple and straight forward but "others" have reported issues. I would prefer to hear from a member who has actually accomplished this with the Nano 5G. Thanks.