1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ipod thoughts...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by dgstan, May 2, 2006.

1. dgstan

dgstan Member

Now that the DICE Ipod integration group buy has gotten off the ground, I was thinking about how to best implement it. I've got a 4GB Nano which I love. I use it everywhere (gym, work, car, home, etc.). However, I'm not sure it's the best solution to use long-term in the car.

I'm thinking that I'll go to Ebay and buy an old 20GB Ipod with a suspect/bad battery on the cheap. I'd then use that in the car exclusively. Old Ipods are pretty darn cheap on Ebay these days (<$100), especially if they've got a bad battery. For use with the Dice unit, who cares about battery life, right? The only time it'll be out of the car would be when I'm loading it up with songs (at which point it'll be connected to the computer and drawing power from there.

Are there any holes in this theory? As long as the Ipod has a dock connector, it'll work with the Dice unit, correct?

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Sounds good to me. I don't own an iPod yet, but plan to get one. Mainly it'll be for the car, but I'll probably use it other places.

3. samkusnetz

samkusnetz New Member

this is a sound plan.

until you're in the parking lot at the gym, realize you forgot your nano, and think "i'll just grab the car-pod..."

:)