1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPod Touch volume control problem!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by daniel, Apr 14, 2010.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My iPod Touch has started doing something odd. Or rather, it has oddly stopped doing something normal:

I can no longer control the volume with the volume slider in the music program. I can still control it with the buttons on the side of the unit, but unlike before, the slider now does not reflect the changed volume setting.

FWIW, I had downloaded a free Yoga app, which is a narrated set of slides showing positions and describing what to do. This problem occurred after running that app and watching the first ten minutes or so of a 30-minute routine.

Any ideas?

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Have you tried powering the device off (holding the power button until the "power off slider" appears, sliding it, waiting for it to power down, then turning it back on?

2 people like this.
  3. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have the 32 GB iPod Touch I got last fall, using my Air Miles. The volume slider works on mine

Make sure the device has the latest firmware too, which is done through iTunes

Otherwise, remove the offending app

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Boy, am I dumb! I'd probably have thought of that if it was the computer, but somehow I never think of it with the iTouch because when I blank the screen it goes dark and uses no power.

Anyway, I did what you said and now the problem is solved. Thanks, Eagle!

5. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    All's well that ends well