1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPod USB Disconnection

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by cohland, Dec 1, 2009.

1. cohland

cohland New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    We have a new Gen III Prius V with the Advanced Technology Package. I've found that the iPod, when connected via the USB port, seems to "disconnect" itself under some circumstances:

1. If left connected in the car when the car is turned off, when I start the car and turn on the audio system, the iPod is not recognized until it is manually disconnected from the USB cable and reconnected.

2. When I use the iPod, then switch to another audio source (e.g., FM) and then back again, sometimes the iPod connection is again "lost" and needs to be manually disconnected and reconnected before it is again available.

Does anyone else share this experience? Does Toyota recognize this problem and have a fix?

Thanks,
    Chris

2. chrisj428

chrisj428 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Chris,

I've experienced just this thing if iPod play is interrupted by an incoming call. It will also occur at other random times. I have the 9.x NAV DVD and made sure the software in the iPod itself is up-to-date.

Personally, I went and bought a m-2-m patch cable so if it does have a snit, I can keep listening. :) I shouldn't have to, but until a fix is put in place, I'd rather inplement a patch than go without.

3. Al Cappella

Al Cappella New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    After finally getting the USB integration kit I discovered the same problem. Sometimes it recognizes the iPod and plays immediately, sometimes I have to press the USB button, and sometimes I have to unplug the iPod and plug it back in. I'm working on identifying a pattern.

I have a third generation Nano, but I plan on testing with my first generation Nano.

4. jayong

jayong New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Same exact thing with mine. But it's intermittent: most of the time the connection is lost if I left the iPod plugged in and turn off the ignition, but other times the connection remains. I've tried all sorts of combinations to try to discover a pattern: amount of time the ignition is off, iPod Nano vs. iPod Touch, Apple cable vs. generic cable. So far, it just seems random to me. A stupid design flaw.