1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ipod wont work in car with usb anymore

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by 2010blizzard, Mar 22, 2011.

1. 2010blizzard

2010blizzard Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    :mad: My wifes Ipod stopped working in our 2010 prius III. I have the usb port that it plugs into and has always worked fine. Ipod is a year old and has been working great in the Prius for 8 months. It shows up on the Navigation/screen but wont play the song/switch songs. I switched in my other Ipod and it seems to work fine. The Ipod that does not work in the car works fine on the computer or by itself. I also works fine in my other car. What is the deal? Does it need an update? Is the Prius just being finicky.

2. ksstathead

ksstathead Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    We have identical issues. Some ipods work, some work sometimes, some used to work. They all work in other cars, etc.

3. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Try doing a reset on the iPod. Not sure it would address this specific issue, but it's worth a try.

1 person likes this.
  4. peterjmc

peterjmc Ping pong in Ding Dang...

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Does it produce an error message of some sort?
    Does it say that the iPod/USB device can't be initialized or found?
    Does the iPod show that it's charging once plugged in?

My 4th Gen iPod Touch experienced issues with being recognized by the navigation once. It took MANY power offs and ons and finally after I would have to say 7, the radio finally recognized the device. I thought it broke. It's only happened once in the past four months of ownerships and hasn't come back for me since.

5. 2010blizzard

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    no error messages
    It shows its charging and the song comes up on the screen but will not play. If i switch ipods from my other car the both work in opposite cars. My wifes just will not work in her prius.

6. 2010blizzard

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    checked through all the owner manuals and they hardly mentioned the usb port. I reset the Ipod and now it works correctly thanks for the help Stream.

7. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yeah, it is the Ipod, not the car i believe. On my Ipod Touch 3G and 4G, occasionally, it will not be recognized. I just bring my Ipods back to my laptop and re-sync it...then it always work afterwards with my car. Seemingly, from my observation, it happens whenever Apple updates the iPod software.