1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ipod

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by gas guzzler, Sep 27, 2007.

1. gas guzzler

gas guzzler New Member

I know that thee is a lot of i pod content on this forum. That there is a dice kit or whatever available. But is there a problem with simply connecting your i pod with a cable that plugs into the aux connection in the center compartment?

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's what that aux connection is for ... the iPod. Just make sure you use the correct cable.

3. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(firepa63 @ Sep 27 2007, 04:20 PM) [snapback]518729[/snapback]</div>
    Uh, it's not 'just' for an iPod. It will work with anything, all you need it a 1/8th cable input. :blink:

4. kimgh

kimgh Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gas guzzler @ Sep 27 2007, 03:12 PM) [snapback]518728[/snapback]</div>
    No, no problem at all; I've been using my iPod with the center console connection since I got my Prius over a year ago. I had to buy a suitable cable at Radio Shack, and it works fine. I now have it working with my iPhone (had to buy an adaptor for the recessed jack to do that, though).

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Those of us with the '04/'05 Prius don't have that aux jack.
    Also, with the DICE you can see the titles on the screen, change the song and scroll through playlists with the steering wheel controls. Also it keeps the Ipod charged.

6. AndyMartin826

AndyMartin826 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I did that as well for a while, but you get much better sound quality if you have something that uses the dock connector. What I had been using for while was the Belkin device I mention in my signature. It was great, 12V adapter that plugged into the outlet in the center console that plugged into the iPod through the dock connector, charging it and getting the direct audio signal instead of the headphone signal. The 12V plug also has a standard line out jack with a volume control that you would use your mini-plug to mini-plug cable to hook into the aux jack. Trust me, cleaner sound by a mile. Better volume, less distortion, worked great.

Unfortunately, I just got an iPod touch last week, and the kit doesn't work on that version. Seems to be a common thing with a lot of accessories for the earlier iPods, many do not work on the iPhone or the new iPods (even the new nano and classic).