1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPod2Car Users: Quick Fix to get CD Back without restart

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Brian, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If you have the iPod2car kit, plus have some CD's that you have in the car and like to listen to, then you probably already know that you can't go back to the CD player without restarting the car. I have some CD's in there that I don't have on my iPod and I like to listen to them sometimes, but I listen to my iPod more, so Im mostly on my iPod.
    So if, during a ride, you want to go back to the CD player from the iPod mode, you can go into the diagnostics screen and then just hold down the display button, which resets the computer and goes back into normal Energy Monitor/Consumption screens. To get to the diagnostic screen there are different ways. You can do the way where you hold the Info button (i think its the info, or display, someone should know) then turn on the headlights and off real quick a couple of times. Or just hit the display button, then tap the top left then bottom left inside the square a couple of times. Then when you restart the computer, the CD player should be working, keep in mind that you need to leave it on the CD player mode, as in the iPod will be playing when you do this so when it goes back it should start the CD player right away.