1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ipod2Car works with Prius!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by lagavulin, Aug 30, 2004.

1. lagavulin

lagavulin New Member

Hello,

Just thought I'd let everyone know that iPod2Car is putting the finishing touches on a Prius compatible unit.

www.iPod2Car.com

2. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

curses... i may just have to trade in my nomad jukebox for an ipod...

3. DanH

DanH New Member

Yes! I got my iPod. Now I just need my Prius. :mrgreen:

4. ALoLA

ALoLA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Looks I'll need to get a newer iPod. My 1st gen iPod is not compatible. I've been eye'ing the mini. :)

5. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    i checked the website and they have a compatability list and it's compatible with all toyota cars except the prius... :?

6. ipod2car

ipod2car New Member

Compatability list has been updated to reflect compatability. :)
    Enjoy!

7. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

List also states, "Not compatible with (Toyota) models that have navigation or 6-CD changer installed." Still true?

8. ipod2car

ipod2car New Member

the unit does work with units that have Navigation. However cars with the external changer will need to unplug the changer to free up the connection for the ipod adapter.

9. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    So, when it's plugged into a Prius, does it completely replace the CD player, even the built-in one in my BC?

Just wondering, in case I do get an Ipod...

10. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Member

how about selling an optional splitter for those with the cd changers?
    is that an option?

11. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm lost :? So tell me work with Prius which has indash CD changer? Is this DIY?

12. Wildzeke

Wildzeke New Member

Some questions about Ipod2Car

I have neither an iPod or a CD changer in my Prius, so forgive me if these questions seem obvious. I am very close to buying this product, but I have some questions first:

When you get out of CD mode, or shut the car off, does the iPod keep playing? That is, when I turn the car back on, does the iPod pick up with the last song I was listening to? Can I even leave the iPod on when I turn off the car (set and forget). If I leave the iPod turned on, would it drain down the battery?

Your FAQ stated that CD text is not displayed because most CD changers do not support it. Is this true for the Prius as well. For those people with the Prius and a CD changer, do you get CD text display for the other 5 CDs?

In the compatibility list, you state that the Prius needs to use a cable adapter. Is this adapter included in the kit, or is it a seperate purchase.

Thanks,
    Wildzeke

13. ipod2car

ipod2car New Member

Sorry but a splitter is not an option. If you like perhaps you go to elec . store and buy a relay and make something up yourself.

The ipod2car adapter does not disable the the in dash single cd player.. if you have one.

As for ipod controls and shut off... I do not not have any info on that. Make assumption that you will need to turn it on and off.

There is no CD TEXT support.

The 10pin harness will need to be purchased from your local dealer. It is a common part and should be less than $20.00.

As for do it yourself, I would say yes, as long as you are ok with getting access to the back of the radio, it is a simple matter of plugging in the harness.

14. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

changer input?

Does the single disc CD player in an 04 have a CD changer plug to add one?

15. ipod2car

ipod2car New Member

jonathan, It is my understanding that all of the radios have the changer port on it.

16. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

Great!

Thanks, that's good news. If I had an Ipod I would definately consider Ipod2car, the wheel control funtion is great. I have a RIO Karma, plus XM on a Roady2 that has a line out.

17. KaniS

KaniS New Member

Hey all. I just released my 2004 Prius stereo accessory installation guide. It steps you through disassembling the dashboard to install devices like the Neo (aka ipod2car).

Guide is here: http://www.chrisdragon.com/prius/

Have fun!

18. alexandreb

alexandreb New Member

Ipod2Car (witch Firmware) works with Prius!

I have just received my IPOD2CAR / Neo device today. Thanks to KanyS ( here) I know how install it, but before breaking all my dashboard apart I want to be sure that I have the correct firmware of this device; There is a white sticker on it:

" FW VER 2.6.14-M ": is it the right one for the Prius?

Alexandre.

19. KaniS

KaniS New Member

Re: Ipod2Car (witch Firmware) works with Prius!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(alexandreb\";p=\"43460)</div>
    Mine works with firmware 2.3.09. Strange they've jumped up 3 major versions in such a short time...

20. rydot

rydot New Member

iPod2car:

It sounds like, from what you are saying, that the iPod2car unit WILL work with Prius that have the "2004 Option 9/2005 Option 6" JBL head-unit with integrated (built-in) changer. (what I've read so far is that the device is NOT compatible with the external/dealer-added changer)

Is this correct?

Also...
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ipod2car\";p=\"37710)</div>
    Does it Pause the iPod whenever the head-unit would normally pause/stop the CD (such as changing the mode on the head-unit to AM/FM/Tape/built-inCD/OFF?). Does it resume ("Play") when "CD Changer" mode is activated again?

(For those of you unfamiliar with iPods, if it's been paused for a few seconds, or has reached the end of an album or playlist, the iPod will go to "standby" if it's not being used. There is no formal "off" on the iPod. If it's been in "standby" for 48 hours, it will completely shut off to preserve battery life, but there's no user-activated "off" function.)

Also, thanks KaniS for the install instructions. Looks daunting, but you've done a VERY thorough job there! I'll likely be tackling this myself in a few weeks...