1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Iran launches long range missle from Sub.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  2. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Aug 27 2006, 01:20 PM) [snapback]310166[/snapback]</div>
    Source?

3. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Here's a link for you. Wildkow didn't outright say "Nuclear capable missile" but his phrasing certainly implied it. This missile is most likely NOT capable of carrying a nuclear warhead.

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Aug 27 2006, 11:48 AM) [snapback]310214[/snapback]</div>
    My source was FOX news. BTW what part of my post implies that it was "Nuclear" and don't you think that if it was nuclear THAT I WOULD HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCING IT IN LARGE CAPITAL LETTERS. sheesh. Another typical example of underhanded left tactics. Just like eyeguy discredit by any means possible even if you have to use gross exaggeration, overstatement or lies. By the way your source is showing a missle mounted on a surface ship not a sub.

Wildkow

p.s. So how do you know that it isn't nuclear capeable or that it never will be?

5. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Aug 27 2006, 08:54 PM) [snapback]310338[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, I gotta say that your original post was fairly deceptive. It'd be like me saying... "Man shot in face. Dick Cheney being questioned by police". It draws two things together that don't quite belong... or rather in that case, they did belong.

6. Ichabod

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I did the best I could to find a source, since you didn't post one, and that article states that the missile was not likely to be nuclear capable.

It also said that Iran already has a type of missile that is capable of carrying a nuclear warhead more than 1,200 miles... as far as, say, Israel. I'm not saying Iran is not a scarey place, because it is.

I also wasn't claiming any "left" or "right" bias, simply that your two first sentences imply that this new test elevates Iran's status as a nuclear threat, and I found that to be somewhat misleading... You can't deny that those two lines of thought, not even separated by a paragraph, may tend to lead your reader to a certain conclusion. It may even be a little bit of "underhanded right tactics," to put it in terms you'll appreciate ;)

7. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jonnycat26 @ Aug 27 2006, 06:04 PM) [snapback]310345[/snapback]</div>
    Well seeing as how I had just heard the news and there wasn't much about the story at the time I used the word purported. Spelled correctly this time I might add. So I should like to ask. What does the word purported mean to you and what does it say about the information following it? By your reasoning then if the weatherman announces a new hurricane forming then it's headed for NOLA and will be as bad as the one last year?
    Wildkow

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Aug 27 2006, 06:06 PM) [snapback]310347[/snapback]</div>
    Well you are so off track it isn't funny. Go and look through the news clippings and news stories for the last year or so and see how many times they talked about one country or the other test firing long range missiles. Not one of them had to explain that they didn't mean "Nuclear" for crying out loud.

Wildkow

p.s. If a missile can launch a conventional warhead long distance then it stands to reason that it can also launch a "Nuclear" warhead also. If not long distance then medium range. <_< The missile could really care a less what it is carrying therefore who ever said it most likely is not Nuclear is blowing smoke out of one orifice or the other.

8. Ichabod

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Now you're just being dense on purpose! :p

1+1 implies 2

Iran launches missile + UN unlikely to punish Iran for nuclear ambitions implies that the nuclear threat from Iran just got worse.

So rather than arguing about that with us and distracting from your original purpose, let's all just agree that Iran is obviously up to no good, and the world is most likely a better place without a Nuclear-armed Iran.

p.s. the missile does care how much weight it's carrying. Remember how heavy the USA's first nuclear bomb was? I'm no expert, but I think the distinction they're making is that even modern nuclear warheads are pretty heavy and need a more powerful, more stable vehicle.

9. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Aug 27 2006, 06:26 PM) [snapback]310349[/snapback]</div>
    Agreed, nice avatar. Kind of apropos for this topic. :D

Wildkow

10. brasche

brasche Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like is <strike>Cheney's propaganda</strike> Bush's PR machine is ramping-up. The plans for invasion are probably in place just waiting for a pretext. Imperialism Rules.

11. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brasche @ Aug 27 2006, 06:36 PM) [snapback]310355[/snapback]</div>
    [attachmentid=4651]

Attached Files:

12. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've only been here a short time but I've learned enough to feel that you just like to argue and start crap so I'm not going to reply to any of your posts. Be well :)

13. vtie

vtie New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Aug 27 2006, 07:20 PM) [snapback]310166[/snapback]</div>
    Long range? Not exactly. It hit a target that was floating on the water, a whopping single kilometer away! The rocket used for this test was most likely a Shahab Thaqeb, with a maximum range of something like 20 kilometer. What exactly do you want the UN to do against a souvereign nation that tested a 20 kilomter range rocket?

Don't panic, this was definetely not a ballistic rocket that can drop a nuclear warhead in your backyard.

Anyway, Iran is slowly but steadily working its way towards a nuclear weapon, and the technology to deliver it. One of the main reason is that they feel threatened. On the East, there is Pakistan which is now a nuclear power and is not exactly friendly to them. On the West, there is Iraq that already launched a long, bloody war on them. And then of course there is always the risk that the U.S. would want to do the same trick they tried in Iraq.

So how do you think you will stop them from further developing their military power? Definetely not by talking to them, whatever Europe tries. Even an embargo wouldn't do too much. And military action is not an option now that the U.S. is too occupied in Iraq.

Wake up in the new world. Pakistan has the Bomb already. And they are intrinsically at least as rogue as Iran, if you look deeper.

14. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    This is an opportune place for an encore appearance of my post from a few days ago:

[/b][/quote]

15. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vtie @ Aug 28 2006, 12:34 AM) [snapback]310458[/snapback]</div>
    Well just because the test fire was only a short distance doesn't mean that it isn't a long range missile. Consider this now that we have "Tricked" our way into Iraq we now have a land base that borders the most dangerous nation in the world. We got'em just where we want'em. That is over there and not here.

Wildkow

16. vtie

vtie New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Aug 29 2006, 08:10 AM) [snapback]310994[/snapback]</div>
    :D You know the saying "Never understimate your enemy" ? Trying to use a long range ballistic rocket to hit a target 1 km away would be a really brain-damaged thing to do. That would be quite some challenge.

17. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vtie @ Aug 29 2006, 02:25 AM) [snapback]311023[/snapback]</div>
    Well like I said it was a "test" so maybe they were only testing the launch systems. Besides who are we too argue with all these experts?. . . .

http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navcl...004676568&hl=en