1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Iraq Defeat Bill and Joe Lieberman

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Mar 30, 2007.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  2. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

I would love to see Bush get a Gavel looking hammer thing with about a 3 foot long handle and a mallet head about 5 inches in diameter that says veto on it.

Ink up the Veto head, stand back, put the mallet over his head and bring it swinging down, bouncing off that bill followed by a "Now get me a funding bill without a surrender deadline in it!!"..

3. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Silence is deafening?
    How about the fact that the so called deadline is totally symbolic?
    The bill allows US forces to stay in Iraq past the deadline if terrorism is still active. It's called a loophole. And it will be used. No one is responding to you, as we all know it's just more grandstanding, delaying, and obfuscation. The reality is, main street media is just now, THIS WEEK, starting to print stories about peak oil, after years of ignoring it. Peak oil will soon replace both terrorism and WMD as the reson we need to be in the ME. It will also replace global warming as the reason we need to kick the oil habit. This will serve Republicans very well, as they can have their own call to arms over oil use that doesn't give credit to Al Gore.

4. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    No one is responding because they're completely clueless as to what is actually going on. Jon Stewart hasn't made a joke about it so they don't have an opinion yet.

5. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

Get ready for a weekend of Nancy saying the President is not funding the troops.

Apparently she's had her head up her a$$ the last 2 weeks when he's been telling her that he will veto the funding bill if it has a surrender deadline included. I guess her hips are big enough it's totally silent in there when she gets her head all the way in... which is 99% of the time.

6. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    No one is responding because response is a lose-lose situation. regardless what is said, or how much merit it has, you'll just ignore it and tell everyone how the poster is anti-american or sees good where there is evil, or whatever drivel stains all of your posts.

*note i didn't voice any sort of opinion on the subject, and what i said shouldn't be taken as an implication of my opinion*

7. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    1)This is the bill you said the dems "don't have the balls" to pass Dr. B.
    2)No silence, this has been responded to in other threads.
    3)What are you going to do when your president refuses to fund/support the troops by vetoing the funding Bill?

8. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Actually, I am being silent. That's what happens when you actually stick to "ignore."