1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Iraq=Terry Schiavo...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Apr 18, 2007.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

You bet. Isn't it obvious the surge is working?

3. Mirza

Mirza New Member

My friend (credit due where it belongs) told me whoever invented the term "surge" was an evil genius - it's a more 'acceptable' term to the public than the reality: an escalation of the war.

4. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Surge use to be a drink sold by Pepsi or Coke with a lot of caffeine in it. You are right. Terminology is an art form for this administration.

5. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Liberals.. this will happen here if you don't stop demanding that we lose over there.

6. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Conservatives... This wouldn't have happened there if we had never created such turmoil and invited the terrorists in.

7. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    There is that liberal mentality again.. "The terrorists are our fault"

8. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Apr 19 2007, 08:38 AM) [snapback]426011[/snapback]</div>
    There is that conservative mentality again... "Nothing is EVER our fault"

9. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Apr 19 2007, 09:55 AM) [snapback]425977[/snapback]</div>
    Cling to that desperately--like a child to his cuddly teddy bear. There is no way the war in Iraq will have any impact on terrorism on our soil. We're having a war there and can't stop the terrorism going on there...it's not like the terrorists are trapped and can't get out. It's not like they're so distracted that a they can't plan to send another group of 20 terrorists over here to simultaneously bomb the Mall of America, or a handful to release poisonous gas in the NY subway...they've already got working blueprints for that from England.

It's magical thinking that this ridiculous rumble in Iraq will have any short or long-term impact on world-wide terrorism.

While I don't subscribe to the "terrorism is our fault" mentality, neither am I ignorant of the fact that our policies around the world have created an environment for those of lesser means to seek out a way to 'get even. That doesn't mean we need to change all of our policies, but they need to be examined and reviewed on a continuous basis to make sure they still make sense for the times, economics and politics of the world.

10. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(San_Carlos_Jeff @ Apr 19 2007, 11:42 AM) [snapback]426015[/snapback]</div>
    There is that liberal mentality again, Blame everyone else when your ideas fail. They put on the rose colored glasses as mother earth will reguvinate herself once we stop our pollution. Then they will get rid of guns, legalize pot & have a peaceful paradise. Earth the eutopia. :rolleyes:

Most of the conservatives I know, will except blame when its rightfully theirs to claim. ;)

As for the war, I stand behind the USA & troops and what they stand for..

Not that I really wanted to jump into the finger pointing game, but just my 2 cents.

11. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Apr 19 2007, 08:07 AM) [snapback]425925[/snapback]</div>
    Man, I love & miss Surge....

[​IMG]

12. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Apr 19 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]426041[/snapback]</div>

I miss JOLT Cola, same concept as Surge just in a brown cola

13. scargi01

scargi01 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ Apr 19 2007, 11:20 AM) [snapback]426056[/snapback]</div>
    Jolt Cola -- "The maximim caffeine and sugar allowed by law" was their tag line.

14. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ Apr 19 2007, 10:59 AM) [snapback]426036[/snapback]</div>
    How was the Iraq war the Liberals idea? It came from a conservative president and a conservative controlled congress, and then they proceeded to missmanage it into the ground. Take some blame for that, rather than attacking the liberals.

15. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    NICE little slip on Hycam's part in an otherwise useless post!

"Most of the conservatives I know, will except blame when its rightfully theirs to claim. "

16. FBear

FBear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    I fully understood the war in Afganistan, the Taliban were a terrorist regime exporting terrorism. Al Qeada and Osama Bin Laden hated Sadam as he was a secularist. President S**t for Brains and his henchmen Pearl and Cheny nicely took care of Al Qeada's problem in Iraq, opening up the country for their use as a terrorist base of operation.

17. Mirza

Mirza New Member

Ahhh that good 'ole euphemism "I support the troops." Unlucky for certain conservatives, when you look at the facts (veterans, outright eutopic delusions and intentional grand-scale lies that even today some have trouble grasping the reality of)....... the statment is merely smoke and mirrors.

18. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Apr 18 2007, 07:16 PM) [snapback]425676[/snapback]</div>
    Of course it's working, silly; there would have been twice as many people killed if we *weren't* there...right...?

19. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Apr 19 2007, 03:38 PM) [snapback]426220[/snapback]</div>
    Do the Iraqi people want us there or not? How do they feel about their country now and their future prospects for peace and freedom?

Instead of spewing stupidity perhaps you should look into how those we are trying to help, who we are dying for, who we are spending our treasures on feel about it. If they are against us being there, than i agree with you - retreat, bring the troops back home.

20. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05_SilverPri @ Apr 19 2007, 11:37 AM) [snapback]426075[/snapback]</div>
    Teehee...

Didn't they also use, "All the sugar and twice the caffeine"...?

---------

Regarding "supporting our troops": My accountant informs me that we all do.

---------

Here's a question for the Conservatives: A neighbor of mine commutes to work in a V-10 Chrysler truck (about 65 miles round trip, daily), and, when he's not working, he follows auto racing around the Western U.S. in a humongous RV (ahem, excuse me, "Motor Coach") which also runs on gasoline. The landscaping at his house consists primarily of a large expanse of lawn.

He has an American flag for his front license plate, a bigger one on the back of the motorcycle trailer he tows behind his RV, flys numerous American flags in his front yard, and is very pro-Iraq war.

I, on the other hand, commute to the BART station daily, a 5-6 mile round trip. I have a second car (my '73 Pinto) but don't drive it very much. My monthly gasoline bill is in the neighborhood of $40-50. I also have a gray-water recovery system plumbed into my house and have landscaped the property with CA native plants which require almost no water to begin with.

I don't fly an American flag on a daily basis, and am opposed to the war, and I earn between twice and three times as much as he does.

So, tell me, who is more "in support" of our troops?