1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Iraq War Supporters -- What % are chickenhawks

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by EricGo, Mar 28, 2006.

?
  1. None, and too old now.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Previous Service

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Rejected by the military

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. None. I am not volunteering

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. EricGo

EricGo New Member

An alternative, interesting poll would be opinions on the Iraq war from people who have been field soldiers in other wars (reading magazines as part of national guard service respectfully excluded).

But let's start with supporters first.

2. Spunky

Spunky New Member

I protested against the war before we invaded Baghdad, know there never were any WMDs, realize we screwed Iraq, big time.

Yet I say we can't just pull out, nilly-willy, now. The country would dissolve into chaos and civil/secterian strife if we did and the Iraqis would suffer even more violence and upheaval.

So I find myself in support of any intelligent efforts to stabilize the country, including sending in MORE US troops (that would include some family members), developing a workable plan to rebuild, admitting to the world our errors, paying retribution in both blood and money.

In other words, we should clean up our own mess.

Therefore had to vote as never have served, too old now, in support of the war.

3. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, a poll that starts with an insult!

Anyone who responds is already labled. I suspect you won't get much in the way of responses when you start the question with such obvious bias.

4. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

I respect and support Spunky's position.

We bought it, even though doing so was almost criminal. We can't just walk away until it seems at least "as good" as when we intervened. History would not forgive us, rightly so.