1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

is 35mm wheel offset too small for Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by colt, Jun 5, 2006.

1. colt

colt New Member

Hi there,

I've been reading priuschat for a few months and ordered my 06 Sliver package #4; will get it soon! One of the 1st modifications I'd like to make is wheel upgrade, and the O.Z. Ultraleggera is my favorite so far. For some reasons that I don't understand, tirerack doesn't list it for Prius but its 15x7 and 17x7 versions show up under Scion xA, and 16x7 under Matrix). It only weights 12.4 lbs at 15x7, 14.8 lbs at 16x7, and 16.0 lbs at 17x7! Price is very reasonable as well. I'm inclined to the 15x7 with 195/60R15 tires or the 16x7 with 195/55R16 tires to avoid adding weight. However, these wheels' offset is 35mm or 37mm, which would cause the rim to extend nearly an inch out compared to the stock wheel (whereas the inner clearance is essentially unchanged). Since I don't yet have my Prius (only rented one for a day before placing the order), it is a bit hard for me to visualize the impact on appearance or aerodynamics. Will you please share your expert opinions on this?

Thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

Colt