1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is buying renewed factory service worth the price?

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by EZW1, Mar 8, 2016.

1. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I took my 2015 v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) today for its 25k mile (free) factory service. When checking in, my service advisor offered to sell me an extension to the factory service program where all factory services up to 45k miles are covered. The price: $269. This works out to 4 more services (30k, 35k, 40k and 45k) at $67.50 per service. Seems to me this is a good price, especially knowing the 30k mile service is quite an extensive one. Any thoughts? Should I bite?

#1 EZW1, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2016
  2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The two oil changes are worth $67 each for full synthetic (although the dealers around here occasionally sell a 2 for 1 price oil change which says they can do it for $33.50 and still break even). The other 5k services are tire rotations and multi checks, which could be had for less. I don't remember the 30k service as being extensive, although they will probably try to sell you a cabin filter and maybe an engine filter, both easily replaced yourself.