1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is Chirac "Pompous and Supercilious"?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by pogo, Oct 10, 2006.

?
  1. Chirac is Pompous and Supercilious

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Chirac is Pompous, but Supercilious is going too far.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Chirac is a good guy -- why are you knocking him?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Your wife didn't vote, so she has no right to complain.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. pogo

pogo New Member

My French wife says Chirac is Pompous and supercilious. Do You agree?

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    If you say your wife says “Chirac is Pompous and supercilious,†who are we to take a stance on whether your wife actually said it or not. :p

Chirac is French, isn't he?
    Doesn't French = supercilious?
    Therein lyes your answer. :lol:

3. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pogo @ Oct 10 2006, 10:39 PM) [snapback]330976[/snapback]</div>
    Nonsense. I just had lunch with him the other day and he was gracious and charming, almost to a fault.

4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I'd say he's a lilttle cilious, but not super cilious.

5. jared2

jared2 New Member

Oui, putetre un peu. C'est dommage!

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pogo @ Oct 10 2006, 10:39 PM) [snapback]330976[/snapback]</div>
    he is the spokesman for all that is wrong with France and a large part of Europe. There will come a time when they realize that they have become a third rate country - until then they will continue to deceive themselves into believing the world revolves around all things French. The only question is if the French culture will survive this century given their low birth rate, their poor economy, the fact that 40% of all live births in France or Muslim although they occupy about 12% of the population, their inability seemingly to believe their culture is worth fighting for, to name but a few of their current issues.

The fact they have a permanent seat on the Security Council is a joke - Name the only country in man's history not to defend their capital in wartime - hint - Paris WWII.

And I just love watching the AirBus fiasco unfold - God bless them - they sure need it. Again a symptom of all things wrong with France.

And in my humble opinion, if they were to run into trouble, I would not be in favor of offering American support or help in any way. The next hole they dig, and they are digging a few currently, should be one they get out of themselves. Funny or ironic that when we succeed in the Middle East, the radical muslim base will be found in France :lol:

My hope is that when they go we do not lose their wine and cheese - the only things worth saving :D

7. pogo

pogo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Oct 12 2006, 06:38 AM) [snapback]331646[/snapback]</div>
    So, you're not going to answer the question?

8. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pogo @ Oct 12 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]331706[/snapback]</div>
    I think i did "stick" to the point.

9. jared2

jared2 New Member

10. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Oct 12 2006, 12:25 PM) [snapback]331748[/snapback]</div>
    sorry dont understand what is probably french - i studied a more relevant language :D

11. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Oct 12 2006, 09:25 AM) [snapback]331748[/snapback]</div>
    Que vous avez raison!

Je ne réponds plus à ses pensées parce qu'il ne parle que les mots plein de haine.

La vie n'est pas assez longue de passer les temps en barvardant avec telle idiotie!

Et maintenant, quelques mots que le priusguy04 peut comprendre:

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Merçi vos idées!

12. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Oct 12 2006, 01:45 PM) [snapback]331785[/snapback]</div>
    Je conviens. Il est sur le mon ignorent la liste.

13. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sacre merde! Tres bien, mes amis, tres bien! :)

14. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Oct 12 2006, 01:55 PM) [snapback]331792[/snapback]</div>
    You guys are right - stick to french so nobody can understand what you are trying to say.

At least now we understand why you think the way you do.

How do you say surrender in French? Just kidding. Did you guys read about the rioting yesterday in Paris? For your reading pleasure - you see they are rotting from the inside too.

October 12, 2006
    France Facing Intifada

The French police have suffered 14 injuries a day trying to quell riots in the Muslim housing projects as the nation has started to recognize that they face an organized, armed resistance. While management says that the confrontation involves organized crime, the boots on the ground say the issue has evolved into a less secular conflict than the politicians care to acknowledge:

Radical Muslims in France's housing estates are waging an undeclared "intifada," or uprising, against the police, with violent clashes injuring about 14 officers each day.

As the Interior Ministry announced that nearly 2,500 officers had been wounded this year, a police union declared that its members were "in a state of civil war" with Muslims in the most depressed "banlieue" estates. Banlieue, which means outskirts, is the commonly used euphemism for the low-income housing projects heavily populated by unemployed youths of North African origin.

The police union said it had asked the government to provide police with armored cars to protect officers in the estates, which it said were becoming no-go zones.

The number of attacks has risen by a third in two years. Police representatives told the newspaper Le Figaro that the "taboo" of attacking officers on patrol has been broken. Instead, officers -- especially those patrolling in pairs or small groups -- are facing attacks when they try to arrest locals.

Some have even used the term "civil war" to describe the scene in France. The police face ever-increasing resistance to their presence in the Muslim projects. Police speak about how a simple arrest can empty the local apartments and turn into a massive confrontation, as the locals try to keep police from detaining Muslims. They face coordinated attacks, using stones and Molotov cocktails, attempting to drive them out of the projects and drawing a demarcation of French power on French soil.

The French have a real problem on their hands in the projects. Where radical Muslims gain ground, a rejection of state authority follows, and the French resistance to assimilation has allowed radical Islam to fester in these areas. It should surprise few now that the isolation of the Muslims in France has resulted in violence and a de facto intifada, and the problem will not get better by appeasing the rioters and allowing them to drive the police out of the projects.

Le Intifada should serve as a warning to Europe and the West, and not just in terms of immigration policy. Radical Islamism threatens the basis of the nation-state, and once it gains a toehold, it becomes difficult to roll back. That's why we have to push back against it whenever and wherever it appears and convince moderates and fence-sitters that theocratic rule is not inevitable.

15. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    DOCTOR Berman,

You have lost your moral bearing, and any standing you might have had here as an authority on anything, due to your crude, hateful and violent post advocating nuking California and its citizens, and surrendering its cities to an enemy. Even if you attempt to pass it off as a "joke," it is sick and vile. Sir, have you no shame?

You no longer deserve a response to any of your ideas, having revealed yourself as a crackpot.

I'll save this message and repeat it whenever it seems appropriate. I don't care if I am in a minority of one.

It'll be one small voice against such insanity.

16. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Oct 12 2006, 02:49 PM) [snapback]331832[/snapback]</div>
    Make that deux. Judging by previous posts where doberman explains that his specialty is being a PITA, perhaps he's a proctologist? That would explain a lot, oui?

17. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Oct 12 2006, 02:33 PM) [snapback]331821[/snapback]</div>
    I'm curious. What is your obsession with the French? You've made your disdain for them quite clear in numerous posts and I'd really like to know where this disdain comes from.

Did you have a bad experience with a maître d'? Mom run off with French man? Was la Tour Eiffel closed the one day you wanted to visit? Or is it just garden-variety xenophobia?

18. jared2

jared2 New Member

"What is with you, Berman? Are the French now the flavour of the month to slander? I'm no psychiatrist, but you have some serious issues. Be miserable if you prefer, but don't take it out on the rest of the world. Take a break - go camping, walk on the beach, smoke a joint, get laid - whatever it takes to help you feel positive again. You're dragging down the whole site, and it's not pretty."

The only people he hates more than the French are Canadians. As for French Canadians, don't even ask.

19. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Oct 12 2006, 02:55 PM) [snapback]331839[/snapback]</div>
    Count me as whatever three is in French.

20. jared2

jared2 New Member