1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is "clazzio" the only option for leather seats in my 2010 prius????

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by White-Wagon, Feb 16, 2011.

1. White-Wagon

White-Wagon New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If clazzio is the only option for leather seats in my prius, where is the best place to buy them from? On ebay, I see they are $449 with free shipping. Whats the best color to get for my car? I have blizzard white exterior and bisque interior...

Please respond with your opinions!! I think this will be my first "mod" to my prius.

:juggle:

2. BocaChaser

BocaChaser New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  3. White-Wagon

White-Wagon New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah. looks nice... but a lot more money. $699 - $999 on ebay.

4. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You only asked if Clazzio was the only option.

You get what you pay for. Katzkin has been around for a long time and has a good reputation.

5. White-Wagon

White-Wagon New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No need to be snippy. :eek: I am just exploring ALL the options that are out there. By the way, I was at the dealer today and they also have options from "GT Covers"...

$319/set front OR back for real leather.

$199/set front OR back for synthetic leather.

So far, the options are "GT Covers", "Clazzio", or "Katzkin". Are there any other options that anyone knows of??? Otherwise I am leaning towards saving up for Clazzio I think. I just need advise on which color to go with. Thanks for all the help so far.

orenji likes this.
  6. BocaChaser

BocaChaser New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    yea, I went with Katzkin because of their reputations in the car world. Also the kit came with inserts for the doors and for the middle consol. It looks and feels great but definitely costs more.

Total package ordered from Katzkin plus install put me back about $1300

7. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    When you compare Katzkin and Clazzio are you fairly comparing Apples to Apples? My understanding is that Katzkins need to be installed by a authorized dealer or upholstery shop...while refered to as a "cover" they are much more actual upholstery. While Clazzio's can be installed by the owner..and while form fitting and designed to cover the seat..they are more installable and removable...

I've investigated both options. I personally think if you've got the money Katzkins are the slightly higher end option. BUT Clazzio's are top of the line for a owner installable option. And they look real good once installed.

If money isn't a object, and I planned on keeping the automobile a long time, I'd go with Katzkins...if you are going to be trading in, in 3-4 years? I'd go with Clazzio's.

RadioCab98 likes this.
  8. dinger_greg

dinger_greg New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Those seats look fantastic. What a huge upgrade from the cloth.

9. dinger_greg

dinger_greg New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just an FYI installation can be difficult if you attempt it yourself. On a previous vehicle I had a difficult time. I wanted it to look like it came from the factory. I was very picky on the how the finished product looked

10. Andreuccio

Andreuccio Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Clazzio seems to be the best option in the price range. You can get the suede covers for about $350, leather for about $400. They are seat covers, vs.completely reupholstering your seats, which is what I think Katzkin offers.

If you're not close to the factory warehouse in Torrance, CA, (you could probably make it over from Duluth in a couple of short days), the best option I found is Sparks Toyota's Internet Sales Department. (They're in Florida.) They've had a sale going, not advertised online, where you can get prices slightly lower than what I quoted above. Call them to see if the sale is still going and for pricing.

As to the color, the big problem with Clazzio is matching the Bisque. Their beige and tan colors are both too yellow, ivory is too white. The light gray matches some of the trim in the car exactly, so might work well. I went with the dark gray.

For more info, there are several other threads discussing this. Just search for "Clazzio". Here are a couple to get you started:

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...33-why-i-installed-clazzio-leather-seats.html

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...-modifications/82472-clazzio-color-match.html

11. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    For the Katzkins, that's an understatement.:D

I did mine and like the results, but in addition to being a lot of sometimes difficult work, there are many opportunities to screw up some expensive car parts.

12. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    will the clazzio leather seat covers from Ratuken fit in 2010 Canadian or US PRius ?

cause I think they are designed for the right hand drive. But is the configuaration any different ?

thanks

13. DumLong

DumLong Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Take a look through this thread:

Want Leather ? | PriusChat

I went with Designs by Lawrence kit that's currently posted on ebay for $465 shipped and it 100% matches the factory interior color.

I looked at Clazzio's too and figured for around the $400 mark I'd be getting leather in the middle section and vinyl everywhere else. Factor in a few hours of your own time to get them to fit nicely. The kit I got from Ebay is oem quality fit, color, and contains much more leather pieces and when installed right will fit great. Figure around $400 or less to install and amortize that over even 2 or 3 years and it's a small price to pay to get a much better interior than covers can give you.

Clazzio's can take a few hours to get just right, so if you can assign some value to your own time it made my decision even easier.