1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is Dubya trying to emulate Bill Clinton

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Syclone, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I heard a story yesterday that Laura Bush has moved out of the White House and is living in a Washington hotel because she discovered that George Bush is or was having an affair with Conde Rice.

All joking aside, has anybody heard anything about this piece of "news"?

Also, Does Conde Rice have a blue dress?

2. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Haven't heard anything about a Jr/Rice affair...even Jr would 't be so stupid. BUT have heard via the grapevine that Jr & Laura are having 'difficulties' and that she has moved out. However, it's just hearsay. I'm 3000 miles away. She may be pissed at him like about 2/3 of the country is, but I doubt she would give up her cherished position.

3. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(syclone @ Jun 19 2006, 10:56 AM) [snapback]273396[/snapback]</div>
    You're from Melville? May I ask where?

Re: Topic: Is Bush having an affair? Well, he's been F*&^%ing the public for years. I guess it all depends on what your definition of "is" is.

4. jared2

jared2 New Member

So where is Laura planning to go?

5. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(syclone @ Jun 19 2006, 09:56 AM) [snapback]273396[/snapback]</div>
    I guess that's not enough to get a defamation lawsuit... is it?

It's definately an unfounded assault on the character of someone who otherwise is not having this type of character problem.

It would definatly be good for traffic on PC if you did get sued for this. I'd imagine the readership is not wide enough to have that happen.

I'm not sure which is more defaming. Suggesting the affair, or trying to compare the man to bill clinton. Either one is a serious defamation.

Maybe this story is front page on truthout.org... We all know how they did with the Carl Rove outing.. hahahaha... LOSERS!

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(syclone @ Jun 19 2006, 10:56 AM) [snapback]273396[/snapback]</div>
    You have nothing better to do then spread rumors?

For Dubya to emulate Bill Clinton he would have to:
    1. Commit perjury
    2. Do nothing after the WTC's were destroyed
    3. Suplicate himself to Kofi Annan
    4. Get a hummer in the Oval Office
    5. NEVER serve in the military
    6. Have a brain dead Vice President (although after seeing algore pocket $50,000,000.00 in Google stock I do have more respect for him)
    7. Have fewer minorities in his Cabinet
    8. Continue to shrink National Defenses including intellegence
    9. Reinstate the Taliban in Afghanistan
    10. Allow OBL to come out of his deep dark hole in the ground
    11. Put Syria back in Lebanon
    12. Take away the elections of the PA
    13. Give Libya its WMD's back
    14. ALLOW THREE MORE COUNTRIES to enter the NUCLEAR WEAPONS CLUB -
    15. Raise Taxes
    16. Continue the UN's Food for Oil Scandal
    17. Vote against the Kyoto Protocol
    18. Restart the Rowanda genocide

thats all I could name in one minute... Back to work.

7. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Anything to get his poll numbers up. :lol:

8. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    While I do not care for the baseless rumor that is being passed on by the OP, the rabid vitriol of the neo-cons never ceases to amaze me.

9. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Note that syclone didn't mention anything about were he "heard" the story. This is my guess:

In his report to the responding Melville Animal Control officer, syclone was overheard saying he last heard his dog was running east on the Long Island Expressway. He told the officer that he and the dog were having relationship problems. He also said the last thing the dog said to him was, “If you continue to make me wear those stupid sunglasses and wear your ex-boyfriend's blue dress, I am leaving. I might as well spend my summer in the Hamptons and hang with a cooler crowd. And oh, by the way . . . Laura Bush has moved out of the White House, so you are now free to take your homoerotic obsession with W to the next level. He called last week and said things didn't work out between he and Conde, and that coast is clear.”
    “Officer, I didn't believe Pokie-wookie would do it. By the way, you didn't hear anything about Laura Bush, did ya?”

All joking aside, has anybody heard anything about this piece of "news"? :rolleyes:

10. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

I've heard the rumor about Bush and Condoleeza Rice before, but I have never seen anything to make me believe that it is anything but a rumor (and it contradicts other rumors about Condoleeza Rice.) And I have also heard a rumor recently about a rift between George and Laura, but again, nothing to substantiate it.
    While I have the lowest regard for Bush, his personal life is just that- personal. Even if these rumors were true, and I don't have any reason to believe them, it has nothing to do with his job. This is just gossip.

11. jared2

jared2 New Member

"This is just gossip."

Agreed. And I can't think of two more boring people to gossip about.

12. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Google "bush rice affair". There seems to be some smoke, but a fire hasn't broken out yet. Good thing Carl Rove wasn't indicted. He'll spin this one into another thing that Clinton did.

By the way, I think that the WTC was destroyed on Duby's watch, while he was reading fairy tales to a bunch of kindergarten kids at the time.

13. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

14. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i don't know what's worse... the gossip or the politically driven hatred that abounds in this and many other threads

15. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Jun 19 2006, 09:56 AM) [snapback]273459[/snapback]</div>
    Our case law has pretty much decided that you can say almost anything about public figures without worrying about libel laws, ESPECIALLY political figures, since freedom of speech is one of our primary freedoms. And freedom of speech in political issues is almost "total freedom". Now in Canada and Britain, you can sue for defamation even if you are a public figure ... and that's why Carol Burnett and others have sucessfully sued rags like the National Enquirer in London courts.

While we can't resonably hope for a defamation lawsuit to clear the issue up, we can reasonably make our own determination about a person who trades in such character assassination. Are they intelligent? Are they fair minded? Are they moral, upright, and trustworthy?

It is for each of us to decide. For if we say anything about their character, or their personal lives, they can sue us. They are not public figures. At least, not until their invective raises them up to the level of a Michael Moore or Ann Coulter, and they gain fame by gleefully pointing fingers. If you are so inclined to wish for the freedom to hurl invective, wish your foes great success, so that they may obtain exalted "exempt status".

Somehow, I don't think its worth it.

Now, to the serious question that should have been asked: Will President Bush be concerned about his "legacy" and attempt to leave a lasting impression on the country? For most presidents, this involves a ton of our money and resources. We'd be better off if we promised all of them a giant bronze statue.

16. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Jun 20 2006, 12:41 AM) [snapback]273900[/snapback]</div>

In Dubya's case, how about a new Subaru every three years? :rolleyes:

17. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(syclone @ Jun 20 2006, 05:11 AM) [snapback]274010[/snapback]</div>
    That would be cheap by comparison! Maybe he would buy the idea of having a new "Legacy" every three years, instead of leaving a "lasting legacy".

We pay our ex Presidents a large salary and provide a lot of expensive protection for them after they leave office. I suppose we have to, given today's world, but it sure seems like a waste.

I keep wondering if a single six year term would be better, but you'd still have the "legacy" issue to contend with. Only it would start sooner. At least with the possible two terms, the Presidents that lose office after 4 years never get around to worrying about their "legacy".

18. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Jun 20 2006, 10:45 PM) [snapback]274481[/snapback]</div>
    The point is: Would he really know the difference? A "New Legacy" certainly has a better spin than a "Lasting Legacy".

The one good thing about this president is that I'm having fewer regrets about having voted for Ronald Reagan!

19. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ Jun 19 2006, 10:00 PM) [snapback]273821[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe someone should invite him here to PC, he'd fit right in :lol:

Galaxee:
    I don't know what's worse... the gossip or the politically driven hatred that abounds in this and many other threads...

I couldnt agree more, with galaxee.. ;)

20. triphop

triphop New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 19 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]273474[/snapback]</div>
    Terrific, another independant posting. I would begin to consider starting to think about respecting you if you had the cojones to say that you were a republican. On the subject of Perjury - got that link that indicates that Clinton Gave Nukes to North Korea yet? No, did't think so.

PS. Your list is ridiculous. I could answer each one if I think that it mattered or if you were intellectually capable of reason. What I do know about you is that you are a bald faced liar.