1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is it hot/cold in here?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Somechic, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Somechic

Somechic Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I work in a small office (17 full timers & 4 part timers). There has been an ongoing, heated debate about what the ideal temperature should be in our office. I know this is a completely subjective topic, but like I said it comes up on a daily basis here.

What, in your opinion, should an office thermostat be set at in the summer? The office is in NJ and it has gotten to the 90s for weeks at a time. Also, this is a professional setting, so wearing shorts & tank tops isn't an option.

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    well here we have to have it a little cooler because we have equipment that puts out a lot of heat. so most of us just bring a sweater in case we get too cold.

but if there's no real reason other than personal preference, i think i'd go for something like 74. that's what we always used when i was in retail.

3. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    We too have computers running and we have to wear polyester uniforms... We keep it at 71 in our office year round, with a normal out side temp of 92-103*

4. wstander

wstander New Member

Depends on how many ladies are in that 'change of life' mode;-P

<ducking....>

5. Somechic

Somechic Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It seems the office is split down the middle, except with the more vocal people on the side of "it's freezing".
    (A pet peeve of mine, since freezing is 32 degrees, not 70. But that's a different subject.)

Getting to a happy medium should be possible, but for some reason this office can't seem to get there.

My reasoning is, you can always add a layer of clothing, for instance a sweater or cardigan; but you can't take much off to get cooler. (At least not to the point where is would be suitable for an office.)