1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by ImeanGreen, Feb 12, 2013.

1. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My first impression when I drove the car the first time is that it was quieter than my regular prius. I don't know if it is because it's new compared to my other prius. But really love the quietness inside. I wasn't really impress with the LED headhights as far as output is concerned. My regular prius with an HID bulb upgrade was way much better and twice the clarity and visibility ahead of me. If you are just looking to get the LED headlights, you may need to think twice - I'm talking about buying a used one or new one to replace the halogen projector headlights. But the advantage of the LED headlight in the five model is the auto leveling. I have to get used to the electronics since my other one did not come with it. Did any other V five owners find out if the foglights are adequate? Can't tell the difference when it is turned off or turned on. I think I had the same experience with my regular prius. I replaced the bulbs with putco jet yellow bulbs to me where the best ones in yellow color and can tell the differnce. Tried the nokya before but it wasn't as yellow as the putco's. I wished that toyota used the same colors for the gauges without the green colors. The green color makes it less visible specially with the tiny lines. But again, maybe it's just me.

2. JACoH

JACoH Enjoying the mileage

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I also believe my v is quieter than my 2010 hatchback, primarily because my 2010 was a rattle machine. That was my major gripe with it. Just installed Xenon Supply HID bulbs which did increase rainy night visibility greatly.

3. BatPrius

BatPrius Former 2005 Prius owner

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I just got a 2013 Prius v and it seems a ton quieter than my early 2005 Gen II.

4. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I find it tinny-er when acorns fall on the roof, and louder on bad roads, yet quieter on good roads than my 2009.

5. sound_designer

sound_designer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I own both a 2012 Prius model 3 and a 2012 Prius v model 3. The v is quieter by a little bit.