1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is it mandatory to get a prius to live in the bay area, CA?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by burritos, Sep 7, 2007.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    So we're up here in the east bay and serious, every 4th car parked or driving on the road is a prius. Ok that's an exaggeration. To be accurate it's like every 5th car. Even my friends who haven't bought a car in like 20 years, met up with us in their new prius.

I guess the Bay area people got double servings of brain when they were serving them out.

2. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Sep 7 2007, 04:01 PM) [snapback]508774[/snapback]</div>
    Huh??? I was under the impression that the only new car available here in the Silicon Valley was the Prius.

Keith :unsure:

3. siliconhybrid

siliconhybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tech_Guy @ Sep 7 2007, 06:30 PM) [snapback]508785[/snapback]</div>

The number 1 selling car in Bay Area. Lucky, mine has the carpool stickers.

I wonder what should I do with my extra carpool stickers (DMV sent me replacement for my old one)... long story...

4. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    > Is it mandatory to get a prius to live in the bay area, CA?

Yeah... but only because EVs aren't available...

5. Sonny Jim

Sonny Jim New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    On my last visit to San Francisco, I couldn't help but to think how nice my Prius would be in that environment, given the volume of traffic and the size of the streets and parking spaces, so I'm not surprised. The increase in numbers in Southern California is noticeable as well.

6. zqfmbg

zqfmbg New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(siliconhybrid @ Sep 7 2007, 06:01 PM) [snapback]508823[/snapback]</div>
    Frame them and put them up on your wall. That's about all you can do. (Selling them to others has been beaten to death -- they're tied to your VIN and cannot be changed.)

Oh, and yes, if you're not driving a Prius, your municipal sales tax triples. Didn't you know that? :p

7. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No, San Fransisco isn't allowing anymore hybrid's to be sold due to the dangerously high increase of smug in the air.

Also, George Clooney has been banned from the city.

8. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

There was a time when California led the nation. Now that the knuckle-dragging republicans have lost their nerve and grip on 'follow the chimp' perhaps we here on the left coast (and Madison, and Austin and Ashville) can resume our lead.

9. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL

I am always amazed when I see posts from someone in a another part of the nation who complains about never seeing another Prius on the road. I'm so used to driving through the Bay Area up to Sacramento and seeing nearly uncountable numbers of Prius, that is is difficult to imagine not seeing any. Even when I stay near home, (Lincoln/Sacramento) I see dozens throughout the day. :)

Go visit the Google parking lot and your jaw will drop. ;)

10. siliconhybrid

siliconhybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Sep 8 2007, 11:07 AM) [snapback]509071[/snapback]</div>
    If I were employed by google, I would sell my other cars, & buy 3 Priuses. $5000 subsidy is just to hard to pass.

11. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(siliconhybrid @ Sep 8 2007, 09:37 AM) [snapback]509092[/snapback]</div>
    For sure! lol

12. acdii

acdii Active Member

Nope the real reason is because of all the electricity you west enders use up so y'all can have water! :D Y'all need to make up for it somehow! C'mon 6 megawatts a day to pump water to LA.

BTW I see a lot of Prius up here everyday.

13. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ACD @ Sep 8 2007, 02:11 PM) [snapback]509108[/snapback]</div>
    Just wait til California brings its first desalination plant on line! Although, cutting back on polution may result in normal rain-fall, and recharge of the central valley lakes. Did you see Nova this week? Polution causes droughts they said.

14. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm... up here, I see as many TCHs as Priuses (mostly b/c of the cabs). TCHs are really popular which is odd since everyone says Canadians prefer smaller cars.

15. RobertG

RobertG New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Sep 8 2007, 09:07 AM) [snapback]509071[/snapback]</div>
    I was surprised to hear my wife suggest we try to count all the ones we see in the SF Bay area in one day. I'd certainly need her help, as it would be too distracting to maintain a count while driving.

16. tedb

tedb Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You guys are pikers compared to West L.A. in general, and Santa Monica specifically. I'd get carpal tunnel syndrome trying to waive to all of us down here.

17. tedb

tedb Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You guys are pikers compared to West L.A. in general, and Santa Monica specifically. I'd get carpal tunnel syndrome trying to waive to all of us down here.

18. MaxLegroom

MaxLegroom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Sep 8 2007, 01:18 AM) [snapback]508942[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

19. MaxLegroom

MaxLegroom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Sep 8 2007, 01:18 AM) [snapback]508942[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

20. MarkMN

MarkMN New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am going to San Francisco for a conference in December for a week, and will have lots of free time (I don't care about the conference so much, but since I am presenting my research, I can have it funded by my project and my wife and I need a vacation!). If I wanted to go to Napa Valley for a day trip is it easy to rent a Prius there? I don't think any car-rentals here rent Prii.