1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is it possible to change the Nav info colors?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Bobart36, May 18, 2013.

1. Bobart36

Bobart36 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This is my second Prius and the first with the Nav System. With my '08 I used a Garmin Novi and it worked quite well. My '12 has the Nav system and it is ok but it would be nice if it offered some of the options that a Garmin has. My biggest problem is with the "info screen" that lurks at the right of the main map and shows the upcoming turns, distances, etc.. What brain trust thought that dark blue would be a good choice for visibility on a black background? It is downright dangerous when it lures me into trying to see what is on the screen when I glance over at it. The text size and color could do with a bit of editing as well. Also, as I live on a state border I find that I am often crossing over onto "The Dark Side" as that seems to be the Nav System's method of indicating a change in state. Really unnecessary IMHO but it probably made sense to some programmer. As this is my first post I will wait and see if anyone bites err, is able to help.

2. Kit Shah

Kit Shah Kit Shah

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Do you have the same navigation unit as the picture attached? If yes, then as far as I know you can't change the colors of the arrow, much less anything else in the entire UI. Some genius at Toyota HQ thought that dark blue would be great on black, and that grayish-black words would stand out on a gray map background. Anyways, welcome to PriusChat!

Attached Files:

3. Bobart36

Bobart36 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes, that is the nav unit I have, sigh. Oh well, under some lighting conditions I can read the screen and as long as I don't get lured into counting on a visual assist I can get by most of the time. Toyota should make some of these "developers" actually use these systems under usual conditions for a while. Perhaps I should donate my old Novi to the development staff so they could have something to shoot for.
    Thanks for the rapid response.

Kit Shah likes this.
  4. Kit Shah

Kit Shah Kit Shah

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    No problem. I guess you would be better off using a Nuvi in your car rather than the included GPS.