1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is it worth paying dealership for an engine flush, inverter flush, transmission flush?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by onlineorange, Jul 12, 2021.

1. onlineorange

onlineorange New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Costs:
    • radiator flush and inverter flush, using machine to push fluid the fluid through (half the cost is labor): $144
    • transmission flush $259
    $35 for each of the inverter/engine coolant being replaced sounds not much more than an oil change, so that sounds reasonable.

But the tranny fluid replacement sounds high. I read on the gen 3 forums that flush isnt used, but not sure about gen 2, and I assume its just a nice way for dealership to overcharge.

2. onlineorange

onlineorange New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I made this a separate thread from my last, but cant really edit the old one, nor delete this one. I love tech.

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It was a long time ago when radiators were a source of corrion, leaks and failures... Times have changed... This maintenance is not needed.

As for trans flush I charge for 90 minutes or $60 plus cost of fluid. So if you want to save some dollars and have some battery diagnostics done as well and you plan to drive out to Seattle area at some point message me.

ifixwashers likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    no, how many miles on her?

5. chronon

chronon Active Member

here and there aint be in frozen wasteland no mo..
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    1st off; taking it to the dealership --- u've heard of the other word for that place that starts with the letter 'S' ... there is a reason ..
    now , that is not everydealership but , unless you have direct otherwise experience, it is not a good place to take your car ,.. there is a reason why there is free coffee, popcorn and a theatre room .... like the dentist office, lulling you to a relaxed state of happiness is their
    goal ...