1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is Ken Lay Really Dead?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

...think about it.

Who has/had the "connections"?

Who has/had the money?

...the motive...

...and, of course, CNNFN reported he would be cremated. <_<

:ph34r:

If he is really dead, that man lived an ideal life, ride to the top of the wave, collapse everything, and die before getting sentenced!

2. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jul 8 2006, 10:30 PM) [snapback]283231[/snapback]</div>
    Ahhhh...no wonder his good buddy W did not seem so broken up about it when Larry King asked him...

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Probably hanging out with Hitler, Hoffa, Elvis, et al.

4. Subversive

Subversive New Member

Sunday, July 09, 2006
    Ken Lay's Death Photo Released - Camp Quick to Disprove Conspiracists
    7/6/2006 - Steve Tanner

[​IMG]

The Death of Ken Lay has brought forth voices of many questioning the validity of his death. Lay, who was awaiting word on what could have been a 20 year sentence for fraud, was pronounced dead at 3:11 a.m. at an Aspen, Colorado hospital.

The general consensus among the blogosphere was disbelief. Many state Lay's death was staged in order for the ex-CEO to enjoy an extended Mexico vacation free from prosecution.

Linda Lay has released a photo of husband moments after he was pronounced dead. "I hope this will shut up all those doubting Thomas's out there.' She explained. "How 'bout we just move on, and not actually look for him anywhere out of the country."

"Cause it's not like he is hiding."

"He's dead, see?"

Upon an abrupt end to statements from Mrs. Lay, we learned part of her grieving process is to pack up all his belongs in suitcases and research exotic island in Greece.

"It makes me feel better. Now, excuse me, I have a tanning appointment."

http://www.brokennewz.com/displaystory.asp...E_1452llayphoto

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Subversive @ Jul 8 2006, 11:12 PM) [snapback]283242[/snapback]</div>
    So the "article" is a joke. There is no death photo. You know, it wouldn't be so hard for someone with that much money to fake his own death, have an empty coffin cremated, and move to some third-world country. Not a conspiracy at all. Just one rich criminal using his money to avoid justice. If I was making odds I'd probably say 10% chance he's alive / 90% chance he's really dead.

7. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jul 9 2006, 10:33 AM) [snapback]283316[/snapback]</div>
    Wow, that's placing a lot of faith in the media isn't it?

:lol:

8. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

I'm not sure you'll find a team of doctors and nurses willing to go to prison to cover for this. They'd all be interviewed, sign some kind of "I saw it for myself" kind of thing... Some coroner would have to sign off on it...

Offer me 10 million to sign off on his death, with the upside being the 10 million, the downside being time in the clink if I get caught.. I'm not going to risk that..

Could Lay find a medical staff willing to all get together to help him in this great escape...

I doubt it.. seriously doubt it...

First thing I said to my wife after I learned of his death... The Judge and Prosecutor will probably want them to wait right there with the body, we need to see it for ourselves... "Just roll his old bones on in to court" from the great Ferris Beulers Day Off...

This was too high profile for all those involved to allow a 'fast one'.

Anyhow, I suspect he's really dead.. And, I imagine the stress from the trial and the stress he was living under after being convicted and knowing he was going to jail was what killed him. Is it time to charge the prosecution and the court with murder?

9. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Jul 10 2006, 06:17 AM) [snapback]283765[/snapback]</div>
    But what if his "connections" gave you the "help us or we are going to kill your family" line? I'd imagine some people would fall in line then.

Oh boy, I have been watching way too many TV shows!

10. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think Daron's probably right. As for charging the court with murder, nope, I'd say if he died of the stress, it's a case of "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time." If you surprise a burgler in your house and he dies of a heart attack because you surprised him, you ain't a murderer for that. I admit to being disappointed, though: I'd rather he went to prison and lived a long life there, contemplating his own downfall. Even "country club" prisons are no fun. Interesting thing is that, at least in the federal prison system, the lower the security level of the prison, the more the guards insult you and abuse you emotionally.

11. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Jul 10 2006, 09:17 AM) [snapback]283765[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, but he was buddy-buddy with Bush, the P.O.T.U.S., if the FBI can arrange witness protection programs, someone like Ken Lay, I think, could easily pull something like this off, IF he were so inclined. Wasn't he like a long time Bush supporter who threw hundreds upon thousands into his party?

Who says there's was a team of Dr.'s anyway?

I just find it interesting that a lot of people seem to believe this, hook, line, and sinker, with no questions, yet question the validity of the events of 9/11....

Hmmm...

If jared where here, I think he might actually agree with me... BTW, what happened to the JARHEAD anyway???

12. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is there a pic of the SOB with a stake through what passed for his heart and a silver bullet lodged in what passed for his brain? No?

He's alive.

13. Starfall

Starfall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jul 9 2006, 12:47 AM) [snapback]283234[/snapback]</div>
    WHAT!!!!! Elvis is dead?!