1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is Liberalism a Religion?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Jun 8, 2006.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No it's just Anti-American

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No they have not evolved far enough to enter that plane of existence.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes but only so far as it helps them win elections.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Git er done. . . :lol:

2. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

I voted "yes" because a lot of their viewpoints are based on feelings, suppositions, a contortion of facts, or outright lies....

3. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 8 2006, 07:10 AM) [snapback]267866[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 8 2006, 10:10 AM) [snapback]267866[/snapback]</div>
    Thats true MS, I hadn't thought of that when I voted... I voted on the basis of all the argumenitive answers and child like behaveyour from all the postings and replies, I voted No they have not evolved far enough to enter that plane of existence.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Jun 8 2006, 07:44 AM) [snapback]267899[/snapback]</div>
    Oh geeeez, now you did it! The Pro-evolutionist are coming after you. neener neener neener. . . :unsure:

Wildkow

6. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you can't be with the one you luv.. honey.... luv the one you're with... doo! doo! doo! doo!, doo! doo! doo!...doo!..
    doo! doo! doo! doo!, doo! doo! doo!...doo!.. ..... doo! doo! doo!!!!!

Thats the way I size it up! lots of doo! doo! :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

Nice, substantive thread you've got going here. Glad to see you're continuing to raise the level of political discourse. I'm sure you posted this poll with the best of intentions, because it is well known that conservatives never do anything deliberate to insult liberals. And Windstrings, I am glad to see you posting in this thread, too, because a poll such as this must surely represent the best of Christian values. I'm sure it is what Jesus would have done. Keep up the good work, all of you.

- Bob R.

8. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobr1 @ Jun 8 2006, 04:37 PM) [snapback]268212[/snapback]</div>
    I have a formula for that: if truth = water, then conservative = duck's back.

Never let truth stand in the way of treating people badly...

9. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobr1 @ Jun 8 2006, 01:37 PM) [snapback]268212[/snapback]</div>
    Its ok Bob.. we all love you... even though we don't agree with you... does that make you feel better?

10. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Jun 8 2006, 02:00 PM) [snapback]268238[/snapback]</div>
    I think the original poll speaks volumes about your love. Thanks for the reply.

- Bob R.

11. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Liberalism is not a religion because there's only one True Religion: Pastafarianism, a.k.a. FSMism. Simialrly, christianity, islam, judaism, hinduism, buddhism, santeria, etc., are not religions. They're all just low-carb fads.

May you be touched by His Noodly Appendage.

RAmen

12. 2fst4u

2fst4u New Member

I like Liberals. When they are in season

13. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 8 2006, 07:51 PM) [snapback]268323[/snapback]</div>
    Daniel- even though I once taught a course in World Religions (in the UU church, you can teach about religions even if you yourself are an atheist :) ), you actually made me go to Google- I never heard of santeria before. Thanks for making me learn something.
    As for the original subject of this thread- stupid! :p

14. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2fst4u @ Jun 8 2006, 06:54 PM) [snapback]268388[/snapback]</div>
    Why, what do you mean? Surely a God-loving conservative like yourself wouldn't joke about killing people who have different beliefs.

- Bob R.

15. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2fst4u @ Jun 8 2006, 09:54 PM) [snapback]268388[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to PriusChat! Nice to have a rookie join and drop the average IQ level by a few notches :lol:

16. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I suspect that any time now, we'll hear the old "liberals are the first to insult" line now. But what do you expect, with the bushevick's house of cards falling apart, they"re getting desperate.

17. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobr1 @ Jun 8 2006, 02:02 PM) [snapback]268241[/snapback]</div>

Unless you want to accept the name as Mr. Liberal.. meaning that anything said about the liberal mentality is talking about you personally, it has nothing to do with love for you.
    Just because you are misguided and misdirected doesn't mean no one loves you.

And just because the whole extreme liberal mentality doesn't pan out in real life, doesn't mean we don't love those who hold that misguided belief.

Don't take things so personal and you won't get your feelings hurt.....

No one was talking about you personally when you piped in and no one was talking about whether they loved you either when you piped in.

Your reasoning is really something to behold!..

Do you really think that if someone "hates" liberalism, that that means they hate you personally if you hold that belief?

Can't you seperate the two?

Have you only been loved all your life if you only believe the same way others do?

My stance has never wavered towards you or your beliefs.....

I feel pain for you and your beliefs about life, God, and creation..... and its not because I hate you.

Do you think the only way someone can care about you is if they agree with you?

18. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wildkow's back from his trip and picking up where he left off.

Welcome back Wildkow!!! I've missed the insanity. NOT!!!

19. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tleonhar @ Jun 8 2006, 08:32 PM) [snapback]268423[/snapback]</div>
    There are always liberals around anywhere..... history shows us that most leaders that did anything great was never a popular move at the time of the decision, but later was praised for the genius.

Nothing is falling apart except the democratic party... they are the only ones desperate and I think you know that unless you have been really blind for the last 4 years.

Liberals should be banned to an island alone to themselves and see how long it took for them to kill themselves off with thier twisted government.
    In an attempt to sick thier heads in the sand in order to live in a self illusion of a utopia that doesn't really exist, they only propetuate the need for more law.

If the liberal would be a little more balanced, some of thier ideas may work.. but everytime you give them the helm to run the country, it goes to pot.

Remove the cops, government, and laws for about 48 hours and see what happens.

There are extreme liberal families and extreme conservative families... neither produce balanced fruit in the way of healthy children.

We need to have a little of both to be balanced and not be so extreme and black and white with everything....

Although some things are dead wrong in this life, there are also some things that need to be given liberty and freedom.

But liberty is not a right...... as some think... its something that is earned with blood and sweat and faith and nerves of steel.

The liberal pantiwaist of this world never earn us anything but terror and war due to leaving the front door wide open to anything and anyone that wants to come in because they are afraid to fight and stand for any beliefs and principles... they just float in the breeze of life like a leaf in the wind without purpose or direction.

And to think we have people that wants them to run our country?
    Those guys can't even run thier own families.... let alone everyone elses!

20. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Jun 8 2006, 10:53 PM) [snapback]268430[/snapback]</div>
    With you guys, it's always 'liberal pantiwaist', or something along those lines. A more civil tone would be just to simply state the word 'liberal' and leave it at that.

You really lose points in your post when you denegrate liberals in those terms. Even if you had me and where making a good point, you lose when you stoop to those levels.