1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is Mahle Who Manufactures Toyota Head Gaskets?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by James Finch, Aug 1, 2023.

1. James Finch

James Finch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So this video from Riviera Auto, a former Toyota Tech, notes that Mahle is Toyota's head gasket manufacturer? At least I think was in this video and is at least noted in the comment replying to @eddiepadilla1078 where stated:

"The benefits to using the Mahle Kit is I found out that Mahle is the company who actually makes the factory head gaskets for toyota you can get them cheaper."

Anyone else aware of and know if is true or who manufacturers the head gasket and/or kit if otherwise?

2. James Finch

James Finch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Referencing this Toyota Head Gasket Kit and Head Gasket post here: New Headgasket Video (Car Care Nut) | PriusChat

Also referencing another prius group therapy session, I needed, that has info regarding the EGR Valve. Can EGR Valve Part # 25620-37110 Swap With 25620-37120 Installed Already In 2013? | PriusChat

This looks like the kit I want to at least reference for ideal parts, especially if not removing the manifold from the head and only disconnecting the manifold from the catalytic converter when pulling. Engine Gasket Set - Toyota (04111-37316), Other Names: Gasket Kit Engine O

Anyone know where these kits are listed itemized with each part that comes with the kit?

#2 James Finch, Aug 1, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2023
  3. Paladain55

Paladain55 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I would be careful with assumptions like that. 90% of the time they make a special version for Toyota manufactured to a different standard. The example is how shitty aftermarket kyb struts are vs the oem kyb struts. Aftermarket kyb struts will give up the will to live after like 60k and the oems will typically do 200k+

James Finch likes this.