1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is my 2009 Prius under warranty?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Nedsled, May 29, 2020.

1. Nedsled

Nedsled Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, I know this is a dumb question, but since I am dealing with a potential $2600 HV Battery replacement, thought I better double check...

I live in CA, and own a 2009 (90Kmiles) Prius that has been continuously registered in CA. I know CA gets a 10 year 150K mile HV Battery warranty.

BUT: For sure my car is out of the 10 year zone, correct? I can do basic math and it would seem obvious that 10+2009 = 2019 and my car is obviously out of warranty. But I am dumb sometimes. There is no way I am covered by Toyota at this point, correct?

BTW, local Toyota dealers suck in terms of getting an answer on replacement cost. I've been on hold with all 3 and all the calls ended by being hung up on. $2600 is from a reputable local shop for a new Toyota OEM, parts and labor... not the greatest but not horrible either.

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Some dealers are selling HV batteries from 1600-2000, plus tax and installation. Though out of warranty, you might find this thread interesting : HV Battery Goodwill Warranty Listing - Toyota Prius USA | PriusChat

90k miles is a little low for a failing HV battery, what are the OBD2 codes (DTCs) for the vehicle?

California is a decent sized state, which metroplex are you nearest?

#2 SFO, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
    bisco likes this.