1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is my car missing a door ??

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Angry Elf, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Angry Elf

Angry Elf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi guys yesterday I want under my 2011 for the first time . Successfully installed an engine block heater ! when I was under there I noticed an opening in the plastic that covers bottom of the motor compartment It was under what looks like the transmission on the driver side of the car . I was working through the access door to the oil filter of course . My question is Is there supposed to be two doors under the car and one just is not been replaced ?

2. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    The bottom cover may fit other Toyotas, mine didn't have the door either.

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I also noticed that opening as well and wondered the same when I was under the car doing my DRL mod.

4. Angry Elf

Angry Elf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks I guess I won't Worry about it .

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    There's a gap in our's too. I think it's to make the drain and fill transaxle bolts semi-accessable, and/or to check appearance of CV boot. That said, I just the whole panel off, for oil and/or transaxle fluid change. There's some variation in the fasteners, mainly a couple in vicinity of the oil flap are more heavy duty. The rest are more-or-less interchangable. I think there's some minor differences, but I got mine muddled, early on, LOL.