1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is that really my car in the garage?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TidelandAZ, Oct 8, 2005.

1. TidelandAZ

TidelandAZ New Member

I placed the order on 09/14 and expected a longer wait, but I got the call yesterday that my car was on the ground. What a pleasant surprise!

So I went to priuschat.com, and it was basically "down"...I couldn't post my situation or read current advice. I felt so out of touch with the Prius world.

I am very happy that my dealer offerred the extended warranty at a reasonable price. I wouldn't have known the comparable prices without this site, and I appreciate that immensely.

I've been able to NAV home, gotten the Bluetooth phone to dial out via the steering wheel, and I *think* I have discovered the secret compartments. Now I just have to figure out how the "Send from phone" address book entries works (if indeed it does) from my Sprint/Rim 7250 phone!

2. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

Excellent news :).

I see you got the geek package too. :D

3. endoildependency

endoildependency New Member

Congratulations! Enjoy! :D

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations! We were all sufferin' from PriusChat withdrawal., Keep is informed!

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Nobody give this away: When you figure out how to store the cargo cover, let us konw. For me, that was the final "a-ha" moment.

6. roach52osu

roach52osu New Member

I went and placed my order for my 06' yesterday (nav pkg) and was suprised my salesman showed me how to store the cover, I too thought I had found all of the nifty hiding spots on the Prius I was driving for a few days that one was nice to see. I was impressed that my salesman knew so much but he has been driving a Prius since 02', I was happy that he was able to tell me more about the car than I already knew. (still wouldnt confirm the new packages or prices though <grr>).

Thanks to everyone here I have to wonder how may A-Ha! moments I will have when I finaly take delivery.

7. TidelandAZ

TidelandAZ New Member

I'm not at my car right now (which should be considered shocking for a day old Prius owner), but I'll be sure to let you know when I get home!

I just picked up a USB Bluetooth adapter for my laptop to see if I can get my phonebook loaded into the car. I'm hoping that goes well. I love the phone, but I sure miss having the numbers already loaded.

8. TidelandAZ

TidelandAZ New Member

I'm happy to report that storing the cover was a simple task.

But then again, I did read the manual last night. I just wanted to make sure I had remembered it correctly before I posted a reply!

9. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It's funny that when I bump into a Prius owner I ask them if they know how to store it. One woman had her cargo area full of crap and her cover rolled up hanging there. It was pretty dirty and you could tell she had never stored it. I took a few minutes to show her how to store it and even how to prop open the cargo area with the prop rod. All she could say was that she never stops being impressed with the car.

Again, TidelandAZ, congrats.