1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is the Navigation Screen Sun Visor Hood or other type sun protector availabl

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Noel Parker, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Noel Parker

Noel Parker New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The Sun blinds me from seeing my 2012 Prius Navigation Screen. Anyone have other solutions than a hood sticking out?

2. burstaneurysm

burstaneurysm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I was hoping to find an antiglare overlay, but I haven't found anything designed for nav screens.
    I might get one for a tablet and cut it to shape.

3. peterjmc

peterjmc Ping pong in Ding Dang...

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I applied an anti-glare screen protector to my JBL Navi screen on my 2010. The screen protector was designed for a tablet which I just cut to size. I'm thinking about doing this on my 2013.

On my 2010, it served more as a screen protector (preventing scratches) than an anti-glare. When sunlight hit the anti-glare screen that I purchased, the screen reflected back a dull light. You could still see the screen, but the dull reflection at times did still make it difficult to see.

I want to say that my 2013 JBL screen actually did a better job to combat the washout and glare effect from the sun. The best way to combat light on the screen is to reduce the light coming into the cabin and install an anti-glare screen to further help reduce glare.