1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is the Toyota configurator broken

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ghostrider, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Ghostrider

Ghostrider New Member

or is grey not available in Southeast states. I have one on order and just for fun I tried
    to configure one where I gre up (zip code 35802). Grey doesn't show as an option

2. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghostrider @ Aug 24 2006, 09:36 PM) [snapback]309125[/snapback]</div>
    It looks like that's a different version of the configurator than the standard Toyota one. It appears to be actually searching inventory across the Southeast. As you choose colors & options, you'll see the number on the right change to show how Prii with that combination are found. That's probably why you don't see the magnetic grey. There aren't any in inventory.

3. troe

troe New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Aug 25 2006, 09:34 AM) [snapback]309254[/snapback]</div>
    It is different that the rest of the country, but maybe we in the south are different too. :lol: If you use the configurator to build your Prius, then have it find it, then go to the part that say's can't find one, build to order, you will find the magnetic grey and when you have it fine it again, it will show you the delivery dates for all the dealers at that zip code. Thats how I found mine. On a Tuesday, I found one that would be in on Thursday, went to the dealer and told them I wanted to drive it when it came in, they thought I was crazy expecting it to come in, but on Thurday, I got the call, and after the test drive, it was all over. You can't find one like that on the regular toyota site, only on the one in the southeast. Anyway, I have had mine for almost 4 months now and I love it. ;)

[​IMG]

4. Ghostrider

Ghostrider New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pcflorida @ Aug 25 2006, 01:32 PM) [snapback]309405[/snapback]</div>
    WOW.. All I was trying to do was play around and configure a grey Prius outside of Texas :eek:
    Not going to waste time on this but it might make sense for the people at Toyota to consider that
    someone might just want to see what a car costs and looks like without jumping though hoops and having
    search engines trying to find it at a dealer.