1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is there a link for vent removal.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by aolm, Dec 17, 2005.

1. aolm

aolm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Is there a link for vent removal.

I want to direct fm my Sirius into the antenna jack but can not get to back of unit.

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

left side or right side of the MFD?

3. aolm

aolm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Right side...as per "I checked it out and it is really simple. Instead of disassembling the left side of the dash, MFD and radio, you just remove the lower glove compartment as described in the Prius manual for changing the air filter, and the right hand A/C ducts as described in the PriusXM DVD. "

4. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Took me over an hour to get the driver side vent off to adjust my brake light switch. Couldn't find any proper instructions out there. They all go into huge detail for the subsequent steps, but totally gloss over how to get that first piece off. After I'd done that, everything else was pretty obvious.

The outermost vents are secured by 3 pairs of clips - 2 at the top edge, 2 just below the bend, and 2 at the bottom. The 2 lower pairs are more like tabs sliding into slots in the dash. The tabs are parallel to the lower surface of the vent fascia. So they are disengaged by pulling the lower edge of the vent up and towards you at 45 degrees, parallel to the lower dash/vent surface - not by pulling the vent away from the dash. However, I'm not sure whether it's easier to do it that way or to disengage the top two clips.

I don't know how similar the inner vents are.

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    read the CANVIEW instructions. there is a post by a stereo guy that eflier uses that describes how to diassemble the entire dash... only go as far as you need to and then reverse the steps. on that piece you did it the right way. it snaps into place and for me when i installed my CANVIEW, that was the toughest part by far since you simply push down on the top and pop the thing off. i was afraid of breaking the piece and the force required was a lot. finally after a bit of frustation from trying to ease it off, i just yanked at it and it popped right off.

6. aolm

aolm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

any diagrams of this...my car's 3 weeks old...don't want to f it up...

7. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius