1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is there a point tinting only some windows?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by ystasino, May 12, 2007.

1. ystasino

ystasino Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I read that here in MD only the top 6" of a vehicle's windshield can be tinted.

Is there a point tinting every other window in terms of accumulating heat?

Also another question. I noticed Evan mentioned he tinted the rear window to match the lower rear and was wondering what % that was.

Does anyone here in Baltimore have any experience with tinting shops for their Prius or other car?

2. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

i'm wondering if the strip at the top of the windshield will help with the glare on the navi?

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    it's a visibility thing, most states won't allow you to tint all your windshield without a prescription.

we noticed a difference when we tinted all the other windows at ~30%. have yet to do the windshield.

4. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Just find a place that'll do it. There is usually one in every town. The IN law is 0% on WS, 35% all around. I found a place that did 5% all around, 15% on front windows and 35% on WS. 3rd car I've had it done to and havent had any problems, even with the law. Usually its a non-reciept, cash only deal. Life time warrenty on lumar film so no worries about that :)

The place that did my windows said the small back glass part is 15% from the factory.