1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

is there a setting to keep TracBatt between 15-85% to extend Batt Life?

Discussion in 'Prime Fuel Economy & EV Range' started by The Big Sleaze, Jul 28, 2024 at 5:29 PM.

1. The Big Sleaze

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    My "new" renewed Samsung Note20 Ultra's setup included asking me if I'd like to set it to keep Battery between 15-85% to extend Battery Life.

I remember Scotty Kilmer saying same should be done with E-Cars (or PHEVs). Is the a setting on a 2020 Prime to do that?

2. pasta4breakfast

pasta4breakfast Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I think Toyota automatically sets the traction battery to charge only between 15% to 85%, though the exact numbers are unknown. The battery size is 8.8 KWh. If you charge it from 0% to 100%, I doubt you will ever be able to add more electricity than 6.5 KWh. I have only been able to add about 5.3 to 6.1 KWh when charging from 0-100%. That means about 30% of the battery is off limits for the EV mode, some of it is a buffer at the bottom for the HV mode and the other is a limit for the top to protect the battery from being fully charged.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    toyota takes more care protecting your battery than phone companies, because cali forced them into a 10 year warranty

pasta4breakfast likes this.