1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is there a way to find your Smart Key?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by animartis, Jun 16, 2008.

1. animartis

animartis Junior Member

I apologize in advance for asking such a stupid question, but when you're talking about saving at least 200 dollars, its worth it.

I lost one of my Prius Smart Keys and I am pretty sure it is somewhere in our house. Is there any way that a key can be 'detected'? From my readings, it sounds like the is a radio pulse that comes from the key and is recognized by a sensor in the car. (wikipedia) Is there a way to detect that radio pulse?

Thanks in advance for the discussion.

2. fcc

fcc New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I cannot think of a way to find the key using less then 200 dollars to do it with...

So my other suggestion would to to tear each room apart, the likely ones first, and
    try to find the key the old fashioned way. If you have kids a 20 dollar bill goes a long
    way to inspire them on the hunt.

good luck.

3. sorka

sorka Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Just walk around with the prius to each room until you can unlock the door ;)

Serious, we have Loc8tor tags, small postage stamped RF ids, and a directional locator because my wife is always losing her keys.