1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is there a way to make the interior lights “warmer”?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by priusmouse, Oct 4, 2023.

1. priusmouse

priusmouse Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I *finally* received my Gen 5, and my only complaint so far is that the interior light is very cool white.

not really relaxing at night.

Is there any way to change the tone to a warmer color? Did other trims or colors have a warmer tone for it?

I’m starting to understand why the teslas have customizable ambient lighting now..

mountaineer likes this.
  2. Pulse07

Pulse07 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    By warmer, I assume you want it to be more "yellow"? I believe you have to change the bulbs. If they are the same and the Gen 4, the Map and dome lights are incandescent bulbs.

3. Pulse07

Pulse07 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    By warmer, I assume you want it to be more "yellow"? I believe you have to change the bulbs. If they are the same and the Gen 4, the Map and dome lights are incandescent bulbs.

4. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    You cannot change the color temperature of a single LED because it is an intrinsic quantum-mechanical property. You would need at least two so that you can superpose them.

However, you can buy a yellow or blue film and cover the display with it to change the color temperature.

5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    of COURSE you can now days. You can go online or to any AutoZone type retailer and find plenty of listings. The color is referred to as Kelvin. 8,000K is a cool (blue) temperature whereas an LED bulb you're looking for is around 3,000k warm (yellow). We just finished re-lamping our motorhome's fridge, storage & closets' interior lights w/ LED's. Pull the lamp out and take it down to the auto supply and they can match it for you with the color you would like.
    Good luck!