1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is there a way to turn off the "negative" view?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by yarzy, Oct 6, 2006.

1. yarzy

yarzy New Member

When I turn on my lights, the NAV map turns to a negative view. Sometimes this is hard to see in the rain, etc.

Is there a way to keep to the white background and still have the lights on?

2. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yarzy @ Oct 6 2006, 10:21 AM) [snapback]328917[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, just put the dimmer switch to full power. You can feel it click into place and the map will revert back to daytime view.

Great question!

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Yup, just rotate the dimmer switch to the left of the steering wheel all the way up until it clicks... the MFD and incrument cluster will go back to "daytime" view

4. yarzy

yarzy New Member

excellent! Thanks!

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    There is another option. Embedded in the Options Menu, you can choose one of the four color schemes to use when the headlights are one. Perhaps the one you have is not to your liking but a different one might be.

Just want to provide a different way of looking at a potential solution.

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Yet another solution is to press the DISPLAY button. On the MFD there is a button called DAY MODE. Pressing that will keep the display on, well, day mode (until the button is pressed again). That button won't come up until the dimmer wheel is less than all the way up. I used that until I found out about the dimmer wheel method (on this site).