1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is there any iPod connection that has CD text?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by dstrout, Aug 5, 2005.

1. dstrout

dstrout New Member

Gaithersburg, MD (suburb of Washington, D.C.)
    The subject pretty much says it. Are there any currently shipping, someone-has-bought-and-installed-it modules that will show the album and song names on the MFD as well as let you control it from the screen / stearing wheel?

I've got the pkg #6 Nav / factory 6-disk CD unit.

I've dug back through the archives, and gotten mixed data, so I thought I'd just ask directly.

So, has anyone ever seen CD Text from thier iPod?

thanks,
    dave.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is what you want, but it doesn't quite exist yet:
    http://www.coastaletech.com/ipod_interface.htm

We've been waiting forever. There isn't even a device out there that controls the iPod to begin with (without disabling the in-dash CD-changer), let alone one with text.

3. dstrout

dstrout New Member

Gaithersburg, MD (suburb of Washington, D.C.)
    yup, if it comes into being, that is what I'm looking for. I just didn't know if there were any others that might already be shipping.

thanks,
    dave.

4. konakahuna

konakahuna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i've been looking for this myself. i've got an ipod2car on my stock non-JBL prius stereo and it works okay, although not without a few quirks. aside from the not-yet-available coastal solution, the closest thing i've seen is this product:

www.wire-tunes.com

but at this time, i don't think it supports the prius.

5. tmorrowus

tmorrowus Member

The most advanced one seems to be the dension ice link plus:

http://www.densionusa.com/icelink_info.htm

But they don't list support for the Prius yet. I wouldn't be too surprised if the Coastal kit is based on an upcoming ice link product.