1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is there some sort of guard for the rear spoiler. I keep hitting my garage door....

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Jeffrimerman, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Jeffrimerman

Jeffrimerman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I googled but didn't see anything. I bought a used prius and it looks like the previous owner did the same things. So maybe someone also knows the right black paint or what's the best way to polish away the chips.

Attached Files:

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    There's a thread about changing out the hatch gas struts to shorter ones that limit the height of the hatch opening.

I've done it and I'm very happy about not worrying about scratching up the spoiler.

I believe I've provided a link in this thread:

Adjust how far the hatch door opens? | PriusChat

3. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My daughter has just bought an 8 seater, same problem - I mentioned it to a friend who has the same 8 seater, and he said they keep a small cushion in the garage handy, and it is an automatic action to pick up the cushion before opening the back hatch, and place it at the point where it would rub.