1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is this a good buy?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by baoconnor, Apr 5, 2010.

1. baoconnor

baoconnor New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been surfing all the posts on the site learning about the Prius and am getting ready to find one. I'm looking for one with leather which really limits my choices. I did find one that I'm interested in and wanted to get your opinions.

It's listed on Autotrader (ID AT-FF6EFD7):
    2008 Touring Model
    Leather Interior
    Navigation
    JBL Audio
    Tinted Windows
    35K miles
    Asking $18,900
    KBB: $18,400 in excellent condition

I think it's overpriced right now. What would be a good price for me to buy this? By the way, I'm in the midwest if that will impact prices.

Thanks for reading!

Brian

2. Tom Banjo

Tom Banjo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Its a good deal. Prius Tourings still go for $23,000 in the Bay Area. Of course those usually have only 10k miles.

4. liquidfire

liquidfire New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Much like real estate, car prices are local. Compare the prices on KBB, Edmunds and NADA. Look for vehicles with documented maintenance, as maintenance more than any other factor will determine the reliability of the vehicle over its life.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'm not watching pricing very closely, but it seems to me that with all the talk about used toyota values going down due to the recalls, this is a bit high. but you can only go by what else is available and kbb etc. how much is a gen III with equivelent options?

6. baoconnor

baoconnor New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the replies. Another '08 Touring just came up for sale at a local dealer with 28K miles for $1000 more. I think I'll check that one out and take it for a drive. No idea how low they will be willing to go on price, but now is definately the time to get a good deal with the bad press on Toyota. I'm in no hurry to buy, so I'll walk away if it's not a good deal.