1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is this a good deal for a 2007 Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lotto, Apr 14, 2007.

1. lotto

lotto Junior Member

I'm thinking of buying a new 2007 Prius. The tax incentive has been significantly reduced and special financing is no longer an option, but I was offered a new 2007 Prius, Package 2, for $21,988 through a dealership that has a special deal with Costco. Does this seem like a fair price?

2. malibucarl

malibucarl Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :D :D Sounds like a GREAT deal. Are you a good bargainer? Could you push for another $100 or $200? Have you negotiated with other area dealers?

Last November, deals weren't so generous since the incoming stock of Prius' hadn't started to arrive yet in North Texas. I made my 'deal' by making it clear I was talking to other dealers {I had their calling cards on my legal pad in plain sight - on purpose!} and I had already simply said "NO" once to their trade offer and politely walked out -- they called me about a week later and the negotiations were 'on' again.

You're gonna LOVE your new Prius... B)

4. ESanders2

ESanders2 New Member

I just changed my order from a #1 to a #2 (they don't have Package 1's here in California). Dealer is selling it to us for 21, 380. That's supposedly 400 below invoice. So I think your price is fair, but you could probably get it even lower if you pushed.

Either way, you're getting the car for close to invoice though, I think Cosco guarantees 500 over Invoice; it's just that right now you can usually get them to sell AT invoice or just below.

5. Nicole

Nicole New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lotto @ Apr 14 2007, 12:22 PM) [snapback]423268[/snapback]</div>

Looks good to me. Got my prius 2007 5 days ago -- with Pkg 1 for 21,900.