1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by nvdv, Jan 6, 2006.

1. nvdv

nvdv New Member

negotiating with a dealer. they have a 05 pk 3 left unbelievably. Will sell it for 1000k under MSRP

also have a 06 pk 3 will do for 600 under MSRP.
    Okay amount on our trade in.

I like the 05 color better than 06. i wanted a bit spiffier package but these seem like good deals. We could put in after market leather.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Other than the color, the '06 package 3 seems to be a much better deal for only $400 Dollars more. You get the backup camera, and I think, the higher resolution MFD as well as an improved air bac system.

More importantly, resale value, if you ever do decide to sell it, will be more than $400 more than an '05 model.

'06 --- 3 HF $1,475
    • Driver & front passenger seat-mounted side and front & rear side curtain airbags
    • Backup Monitor
    • smart Key system
    • MP3/WMA playback capability, and auxiliary audio input miniplug

3. Prius06

Prius06 Junior Member

I don't think you get a tax break on the 2005.

4. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    IANAL, but my understanding is you get a tax break on any car put into service in 2006. Basically, any new Prius that you buy now (regardless of the model year) is eligible for the new, better tax break.

But, I would actually agree with the other post. Go for the '06. The backup camera, the better airbags, the AUX input on the stereo. . . plus the higher resale value. Unless you really hate the color of the new '06, I'd go for that one.