1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lgamber1, Sep 5, 2007.

1. lgamber1

lgamber1 New Member

i had a dealer give me a quote for a 2007 seaside pearl package #6 for 25,900. his first quote was slightly higher, but i suggested this new price and he agreed.

is this a good deal for the SF bay area? according to edmunds, other people in my area are paying 25,990.

so should i try to shoot for an even LOWER price? thank you!

25,900 = about 725 over invoice, btw.

2. PacMan

PacMan New Member

I just haggled (and walked) on a package 3 2 weeks ago, Lowest we got down to was $750 over invoice. The dealer was in the Oklahoma City area. Other dealers in my area would not haggle at all due to the fact that there were only 3 '07s left in in all four dealers combined in OKC.

3. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I did an internet inquiry prior to buying last week, and the lowest price I found was Fairfield Toyota (just east of you) at $500 under invoice. My local dealer in Davis was $800 over invoice (and that was the CostCo price). The two invoice prices matched, so at a $1300 difference, I went with Fairfield. Their quoted price for a #6 was $25,299, and at that time they had two #6's in stock (I went with a #4). That may be different now after the long holiday weekend... The internet guy's name is C.J. and he was really good to deal with... no pressure, etc. For SF area, your price is probably good, but if you don't mind traveling a outside of SF you may find a slightly better deal. hope this helps.

4. lgamber1

lgamber1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriuStorm @ Sep 6 2007, 08:59 AM) [snapback]507949[/snapback]</div>

thank you SO much for your reply. i will try to talk my dealer down or contact fairfield. i am definitely going to shoot for the lower price now!!

5. pmanza

pmanza Fernsmom

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriuStorm @ Sep 6 2007, 08:59 AM) [snapback]507949[/snapback]</div>
    Hey
    I just bought my Prius at Fairfield Toyota too. I got mine on Friday Aug 31, in the afternoon. When did you get yours? I got a Silver Pine Mica pkg 4. Internet guy was Bob.

They told me the $500 back of invoice was only good through Friday, then when Bob called to check on how I liked the car on Tues, he said that the deal had been extended. Sounded a little fishy though, first he said how much business they got over the weekend cause of the "deal" then I said "thought that ended Friday" and he said "oh, they extended it". Maybe that is what they are selling them for all the time.

Anyway, overall decent experience, took alot longer than it should have though, having been through the internet dept, and they tried to jack us around about evaluating our trade (you have to do a credit app first). Sorry don't think so, we left, they chased us down and said ok, we'll look at your trade without a credit app. F&I wasn't too high pressure, so that was good.

Good luck with yours, I really love mine! Her name is "Fern".
    Peggy

6. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fernsmom @ Sep 6 2007, 03:50 PM) [snapback]508119[/snapback]</div>
    Hey Peggy,
    We bought ours Friday, September 1st. Oooh, I really wish we had gone for the Silver Pine, there are so many blues around, but it was my P's turn to pick the color :(. But it IS a nice blue ;) It's just that there's a special club here for the Silver Pine owners... ;) :D

It did take longer than I expected... We also went to my local dealer and entertained the idea of trading in our 2002 Accord, but they gave us a ridiculous lowball offer that was like half of NADA avg. trade-in (our car has no damage and everything works properly, and also has a few extras, like spoiler, fog lights, etc.). Then when I found the $1300 better deal in Fairfield without even dickering, it was a done deal. We ended up taking the Honda out of the equation entirely.

BTW, C.J. originally told me the deal was good until Friday... then when I got there Friday, he said they'd extended it through the holiday weekend. At that time, I thought he told me that to make me realize that if I didn't get my car then, chances would be someone would buy it over the weekend. So, gimmick or not, it was still a way better deal than CostCo.

Congrats on your pretty Fern! When I see you on the road, I'll give you the Prius wave (we need an emoticon for that! :D )