1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is this a good price for a 2011?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Spokanepriusgrl, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Spokanepriusgrl

Spokanepriusgrl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello!
    I am in the Northwest, and in the market to purchase a Prius soon. I am looking at MY 2010-2012. A few weeks ago, I got a dealer quote on a "weekend deal" that was $22,800 on a 2. (I was not ready to purchase a car at that time, and wonder if I could have gotten the price lower.) As soon as I get my boat sold (hopefully by the end of this week) I will be able to buy my new Prius! :)
    Anyway, the prices on used Prii are so all over the place, and I have a quote from a dealer in Idaho that has a 2011 II with under 20K miles for sale. I emailed for a quote and they came back with $21,975. I think that price is too high, considering the quote I got on the new one, and it's not even a certified used car because it isn't being sold by a Toyota dealer. What do you all think? Am I being too unrealistic, or is the dealer, for thinking they can sell a used car for almost the price of a new one?
    Thanks for your input!

2. rockfeller

rockfeller Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Try autotraders.com search, to see if you can get new at the same price, Some time dealers can ship to you for 500$.

3. Spokanepriusgrl

Spokanepriusgrl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have been using autotrader.com. When I looked at the new car, it was because I went to the dealer to check out a 2011 II they had advertised on autotrader.com. They were asking $24,000 for a used car with about 17,000 miles on it, then steered me in the direction of the new cars and gave me the quote for $22,800 for the 2012 2. I guess I just don't understand used Prius pricing...

4. rockfeller

rockfeller Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have seen lower in CA in autotrader.com, few weeks back.