1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is this a good price for Prius v Three

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by greenguy09, Sep 9, 2012.

1. greenguy09

greenguy09 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

I got the exact quote from the dealer yesterday. I am still debating on the car colors.

Here is the breakdown:

1) Price: 25, 788.00
    2) Leather Seats (Aftermarket): 1200.00 (Is the price of aftermarket leather seats is reasonable?)
    3) Govt Fees: 302.75 (What is this??)
    4) Taxes: 2368.45
    5) Doc fee: 80.00

Total (OTD): 29,739.20

Forgot to ask if the carpet floor mats and cargo mat is included in this and if not, how much more?

I am in the bay area. Checking if this is a reasonable price?

2. RonKo

RonKo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Having had my Prius V 2 for a month now, it's surprising how obsessed I was about every dollar prior to signing on the line, yet now, I forgot about most of that stuff. AND I am definitely not part of the 1% or anything like that. Every penny counts to me. To be certain you are around invoice, do the Consumer Reports Truth in pricing. It cost $15 (it takes about 10 minutes online) and you can add in the options so that you get to know what all the fees and extras cost. We had 3 dealers contact us, vying for our business. It made it easy, and we got just what we wanted. My guess is that "govt fees" are MSRP. The Consumer Reports deal will let you know what invoice is, and that is a good place to start from. I had a dealer sell me the car at invoice, plus tax and title transfer. I had other offers from dealers that stuck in the $500-$550 over invoice neighborhood. As the new 2013s come in, they should be eager to get rid of the '12s left on their lots, and inspired to bargain a bit. My intuition tells me that's not a bad price for a V 3 w/leather. Good luck and let us know how you do.