1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is this a good price on a 2006 or can I do better?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by tracysbeans, Dec 25, 2005.

1. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

This is what I was offered by a Toyota sales rep:

Base Price with Package #1
    $23,141.00
    Tax at 5.5% $1,272.755
    Title & Plates $24,533.255 OTD

Can I do better than this? I have this in writing from Toyota.

Thanks in advance for any input. Tracy

2. tag

tag Senior Member

Well, $23,141 is exactly MSRP for a #1 with mats so you're definitely not getting ripped off.

3. notsure

notsure New Member

check out the pricing calculator in the forums file library, it should help you out

4. Asian Brad

Asian Brad New Member

can you provide your location please? in general, it's a decent price. but, it can vary by region. MSRP seems to be the going standard now. supply must have increased or demand must have decreased (due to the HCH). i simply laugh at dealers who still want 3000 or 5000 over MSRP. apparently, however, this time last year that was a regular quote.

5. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

I'm in Wisconsin

6. EricGo

EricGo New Member

Hi Tracy,

I left you a message at FW.

The numbers look msrp. So long as no other fees are hiding, I think it is a fair price.

7. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Thanks EricGo I got your message and appreciate it.

Well I have that quote in writing and the sales guy said it was a definate out the door price. I told him IF I buy this car that is ALL I'm paying. AND he is to keep all his BIG bosses away from me. I just want to come in, hand over the dough and ride off into the sunset with my Prius :p He said if the BIG guys come bother me he will stop them! ;) Now can I completley bypass dealing with anyone BUT my sales guy? I don't need financing and no warranty. I just don't want to deal with getting pissed off by being brought into the financial room. When I bought my daughter a Mistubsi Lancer I was in and out. Paid in ALL in cash literally! (Hers was only $10,000 though) B)

My salesman is going to have one unhappy person if they start yapping about adding a penny onto my written quote. I don't mess around when it comes to my money! B)

8. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    where in WI are ya? what dealer are you using?

9. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

I'm in Green Bay. I was talking with the people at LeMiex Toyota. Are they good to deal with? I hope so since I would at least need to use them for any possible service to avoid having to drive 45 miles or more.

Galaxee I see you are in WI too!

Thanks for any help! Tracy

10. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    hmm. haven't had any dealings with them. we lived in appleton and la crosse before getting shipped off (ok by choice) down south to NC. if you do find yourself dissatisfied with the service there, kolosso in appleton is very good.

the advice we give as far as service goes (DH is an automotive tech) is to find a guy who is careful and whose work you trust, and stick with him for all your services. dealerships should be able to accomodate that with ease. talk to the guy if you have concerns with the car and etc and see how well he treats his customers. if you like to be smart with your money, service is the place to be watchful after you've completed the sale.

11. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Oh I see now from your post you USED to be in WI. Does your DH have a single brother who is good with cars ;)

You mean find a person outside of Toyota to work on the car? If so would Toyota allow that? I called my regular mechanic and they said to stay away from Hybrids. The parts were more expensive and they don't work on them. :eek:

12. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    he's an only child, sorry :(

i'd stick with toyota for the major services, you can get your oil changed about anywhere as long as they know what they're doing. however, i'm just urging you to find a tech at the dealership whose work you trust and stick with that one tech for all the work you need done on your car. as you'll see from some of the negative experiences here, not all techs are created equal in their customer service skills and dedication to getting the car done right. find someone who understands the car and does a thorough job and you'll be set.

13. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Oh rats! Can you clone him then? ;)

Ok I see what your saying. Like finding the right doctor you gotta find the right service guy too. But do they let you requests certain service people?

Also I read somewhere that Toyota offers FREE oil changes with a Prius. Is that not true? I think if I get a Prius I will just stick to using Toyota. Especially since I will probaly need to if I get an extended warranty.

14. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    wish i could. i could use 3 of him myself! :lol:

if you say you want someone specific to work on your car they shouldn't have a problem fulfilling that request. the tech will appreciate the regular interval business and you will get better service. they show their appreciation by taking good care of you, at least if you find a good tech.

that'll be different at each dealer. you can ask for it and see what they say, maybe they'll give it to you!

15. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

I'll take 12 of him! Isn't is cheaper by the dozen! ;) At least if you breakdown you have your hubby to come rescue you! :p

Ok I will work on that. Maybe he will be cute to so I have some eye candy to look at while waiting :p

16. Asian Brad

Asian Brad New Member

go packers!

17. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Did we win? :unsure: (Not into football even though I live blocks from the Packer Stadium!)

18. jackkpts

jackkpts New Member

Hi Tracy. I'm in Waukesha and am considering buying a Prius. What has your mileage experience been so far? Thanks!

19. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Oh Waukesha is a nice area in Milwaukee!

I just got my new Prius on Saturday. I actually bought it in Milwaukee at Wilde Toyota. Drove it back to Green Bay and didn't even use a quarter tank of gas!!!

Otherwise since Saturday I have been to busy with my business to play with my car YET! Soon though!

I LOVE the car though. BEST purchase I have ever made in my life. I like it for many reasons though then JUST the savings on gas. I love the Smart Key and the Navigation sytem. (I got package #7 that has all that cool stuff).

What color are you thinking about getting?

You won't be sorry if you get a Prius!

Tracy

20. espoafd

espoafd New Member

I'm grew up in Waukesha (Go Northstars) but now live in Albuquerque NM. Have a Prius on order and am going crazy waiting.