1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is this fake or just Mad Skillz?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Check the time period between 1:50 and about 2:00 minutes. It appears that he is able to lift the pen from the etch-a-sketch pad. I didn't know you could do that. . . hmmmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYM__s3R5q0

Wildkow

2. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jun 17 2007, 05:22 PM) [snapback]463656[/snapback]</div>
    If it were possible to "lift" the pen (by bumping the thing perhaps and shifting its location in the split second that the bump "lifts" the pen off the screen), then the artist would take greater advantage of that capability throughout, not just at one or two places. But I think bumping it risks fuzzing the artwork, so, no, the entire composition is done with one continuous line and a hell of a lot of tedious retracing through prior tracks to start fresh lines in new places. I think if you examine ANY sketch, the number of true "islands" would turn out to be relatively small, and with little modification such "islands" could be cleverly attached the the master "continent" (so to speak) without it looking strange.

The artist's signature I believe touches the edge of the screen at the lower left, so I'm sure the "pen" is dragged along the screen edges many times during the composition so as to get it relocated quickly without having to retrace lines.

Not something a ten year old would do with his first Etch-A-Sketch, but with practice, a human being can pretty much accomplish anything, especially the impossible.

But amazing stuff nonetheless!

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

3. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    That is something.

4. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    One of my co-workers carefully carried over a mini etch-a-sketch that someone had used to create an incredible likeness of mickey mouse.
    The detail was absolutely exquisite.

He had done it just sitting in her cube, bs-ing with her for a couple of minutes.

5. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Any time I see something spelled with a 'z' when it should be an 's,' I know I'm simply too old to have any meaningful reply.